Low Stress Training - Mother Bonsai

GreenThumbsUp

I've talked about mother bonasai in the past, and now I present her to the readers of 420Times.com.

I started her about 2 months ago as a clone off a plant that later turned out to be female. So, as a clone, I let MB grow 3 nodes, and topped the fourth.

I then coaxed and trained the 6 laterals to ray out fairly evenly from the center, and then cut their terminal node when they reached about 6 inches.

Meanwhile, I used iodized copper bonsai training wire to coax her into a weeping willow shape. Now, I have about a 6" mother that will produce up to 6 clones per lateral if necessary, AND, she can be easily kept in 1.5' of vertical space in my bonsai/cloning chamber. :)

I can't use the image button in the post editor to get them in here and using tags doesn't seem to work (or I'm doing it wrong) :)

So they are in the gallery under plants with the keywords mother and bonsai if you want to searc them. :) Sorry!

LST_Bonsai2.JPG

LST_Bonsai1.JPG

Mother_Bonsai.JPG

There you go.

it'd be..

for next time. of course removing the spaces in the img and /img part.

I like it, it's small, and it looks like a bonzai tree sort of.

that is bad ass. i will show you the one i call bonsai. i just tied mine over 2. not like that but kinda. we'll see how she turns out.

Thanks fallen! I tried the img codes, but I think my proxy is parsing that out too. I'm very secure, but it really hampers what I can get or put to 420times. Man, I never thought I'd even get the images into the gallery, LOL. I had to untweak some settings in my proxy to get them up, and then had to turn them back off to maintain encrypted URL paths. LOL I'm paranoid...it took everything I had to turn the settings off and upload... :)

Mother is going to stay just like she is for as long as she makes good clones, Urdedpal. (Some can last 20 years I've read...!). I guess someday I'll have to flower her..I guess when I decide to, I"ll try to have 6 colas shooting str8 up maybe? :)

All the green on her are future clones. I selectively snip off new green so I have from 5 to 6 clones on each of the 6 laterals. Granted, I can only flower up to 14 at a time, so she gets shaved often.

I am using real bonsai techniques on her (just like 10x faster since MJ isn't slow like even a houseplant!). I suspect she'll need her roots trimmed and put into new soil 2x a year instead of every 2 years like my legal bonsai.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone is interested in doing this, even for fun, there are books called "Indoor Bonsai", and they teach how to bonsai indoor houseplants. Nice thing about MJ, is it is really fast grower and you can try all the bonsai styles in a matter of months, instead of years. Yeah, you might break a branch here and there at first, but you get a feel for it.

That is probibly the coolest looking Cannabis plant I have ever seen. I want it in my appartment as a regular house plant. Maybe I'll do that with a plant on my next grow and try to keep it as a house plant.

You can if you keep it under bright enough light to keep it out of flowering. :) But she looks this good because she's 4" under about 500w of CFL. If I had her, even in a window, I bet the "clones" would be terribly stretchy. However, if you cut them at the first nodes all along the laterals, you can basically make them bush out in little 1cm 5-leaf sets. It's pretty damn cool. It may take a year of constantly doing that to get it to have a real bush, but hell, it would take 5 years to make a regular bonsai do the same thing if not longer... :)

GTU; I like your security. In fact, i'm the same way.

If you would like, I can set you up with a shell on my server, and you can host them there, this way you'd just SCP or SFTP them to the server, and then link to them on here.

I'd be just a simple port opening on your proxy server, nothing too insecure.

I"m not quite sure how to get to that...would it be a custom SSL port (censorship bypass)? That is the only setting I have that accepts a port number.

I only have the option of using 995, 1723, 1755, 4827, or 15871. But you know, I think I can only use that to hook into security service on that port (or I can have it randomly generate ports, to prevent port snooping). I don't get a "real" proxy where I can assign a proxy service by IP:port. I just log in through a browser, and it's all browser based. Any applications I have that go beyond browsing is not secure. But, I don't do anything unsecure outside of a browser anyway.

So, would I just log into your server shell via a VPN or SSL pipe, similar to how I do my proxy service? Would it be like an FTP shell. LOL I havn't been in a place to mess with shells since DOS was an operating system, LOL. :p

Any reason you are using a proxy? You do know that posting here isn't illegal right? Nothing you post here could be used against you in a court of law. It's not like writing a confession. It's just.. direct heresay I suppose.

GreenThumbsUp said:
I"m not quite sure how to get to that...would it be a custom SSL port (censorship bypass)? That is the only setting I have that accepts a port number.

I only have the option of using 995, 1723, 1755, 4827, or 15871. But you know, I think I can only use that to hook into security service on that port (or I can have it randomly generate ports, to prevent port snooping). I don't get a "real" proxy where I can assign a proxy service by IP:port. I just log in through a browser, and it's all browser based. Any applications I have that go beyond browsing is not secure. But, I don't do anything unsecure outside of a browser anyway.

So, would I just log into your server shell via a VPN or SSL pipe, similar to how I do my proxy service? Would it be like an FTP shell. LOL I havn't been in a place to mess with shells since DOS was an operating system, LOL. :p

You could, but it's like encrypted telnet, it's a shell on my remote gentoo linux server, and you login via SSH protocol, which is basically encrypted telnet (hasn't been cracked yet, so don't worry about that), and then you can use it like you're at the terminal itself. You can login via a VPN or SSL pipe, but you don't have to. If you're on windows, you can just use a program like putty to SSH into my server.

Beautiful!! Do u use copper wire?THat's what it looks like to me and I wondered if that made a difference.I use hemp twine for lst.
Now can you tell me how to post pictures?

Yea thanks ill try it eventually when i have ample supply :)

Like (most) everyone else im trying to grow the most i can in a confined space, although mine is a little more micro. If i do go this way i start a journal..but first ima buy one of those books

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom