What do you think of this strategy?

mountaindwlr

First time grower here :)

I'm growing three plants in limited space with CFLs. I've devised a strategy for producing as many flowering points as possible (presumably that increase my yield?), and I want to see what you guys think.

These plants are about 6 weeks from germination.

ff5RP.jpg

I've read a few articles on here and I've made this strategy based on that and my personal observations so far.

The first aspect of the strategy is to use Low Stress Training. There is a photo of this below.

rxyDw.jpg

LST exposes the side of the main stem, and therefore encourages growth from second generation stems that sprout from just inside the top of the junction between a leaf stem and the main stem.

At each node (the places where the main stem sprouts two sub growths), the sub growths oppose each other and either grow north/south or east/west in direction (basically orientated in 90 degree intervals). This photo describes that:

2yUZ6.jpg

When we pull the main stem onto its side, the north/south leaves will sprout horizontally away from the main stem, and the east/west leaves sprout vertically from the main stem.

In general, I am cutting the east/west leaf that sprouts from the main stem and travels upwards. This is for two reasons. First is that it exposes the new second generation stem sprouts to more light. Second is that it stops wasting energy on growing this leaf and spends more on growing the new second generation stems, which I believe will each have a flowering point.

iXowD.jpg

And now here is a well developed second generation stem.

C0wQv.jpg

And furthermore, I can lean this second generation over with string and then encourage third generation stems from it!

6mCRU.jpg

The leaf stem stubs will dry up and fall off within a week.

I've been FIMMing the tops of the later generation stems when I want them to stop growing up and start splitting.

So this is my growing strategy. It is quite easy to do, and I think because it is growing many new stems and at the tip of each stem will be a flower, it will therefore make me a nice yield.

However, this is my first time growing, so some experienced people telling me if this will work would be nice :)

U have the right idea, but keep in mind that typically the more tops u have the smaller the colas per top will be. THis is why flowering plants that were previously mother plants isn't widely practiced (to increase yield) because many growers have learned this the hard way (in reference to pruning/FIMing). Now if this was ur stategy for ur mother plants, I'd + rep u. Hope this helps.

U have the right idea, but keep in mind that typically the more tops u have the smaller the colas per top will be. THis is why flowering plants that were previously mother plants isn't widely practiced (to increase yield) because many growers have learned this the hard way (in reference to pruning/FIMing). Now if this was ur stategy for ur mother plants, I'd + rep u. Hope this helps.

So what do you think the trade off is between more flowers or more on each flower? Is any one of them favoured?

NIce work and GREAT looking ladies:cheer:............... :cheer: I Agree with BWC he's dead on I'm one of those who learned the hard way:Rasta: !@#$%^&*()^%......................
Stay safe and Good Growin! :rollit:
MrCloner420:roorrip:

My advice is to select a growing method or 2 that compliment each other (ie super cropping and LSTing). This way u'll get a decent number of nice sized colas. If u click the follow my grow (completed) link in my signature u can see the results of some topping and super cropping as well as some unprunned plants. Just look at the size of the colas on the different plants and u can see for urself.

Back
Top Bottom