Help! I just broke my main stem!

I agree with you. I was using lay mens terms, and by no means being literal.

But plants do cry :) So it's not a high pressure system, but it bleeds.

There is a short term loss in water flow I guess I should say. I just wanted to explain the flow of nutrients.

With topping and the FIM process, you are forcing the plant to produce those new growths. Between the time you cut it, and the time the new shoots start, there will be busrts of growth on the outsides of the plant as well, not as pronounced as supercropping. Supercropping forces the redirection of nutrients (water included) without triggering the new stems.

BTW, they just call me boss.. I am by no means the boss :), and far from as experienced at this as many members here :) I learn everyday here. Always good to talk about it anyway.

Thanks, I was worried about offending somebody. I got to thinking about it and we're both saying the same thing I believe. Stimuli cause the activation of enzymes and a bent over cola will do that. A loss of water will do that. It's all good and thanks for letting me know I didn't upset the apple cart, hehe.

peace

From everything I've learned over the years pressure was never a topic or even mentoned. Now grow auxins were mentioned and talked about a lot though. There are more grow auxins in the top branches than the lower ones. They seem to congregrate in the upper most branch. (one reason you clone lower branches) by bending over the upper most branch or cola you redirect the grow auxins to the new higher up branches which are the lower branches now and one of those will win out and become the main branch. But at first you get a swell of growth from all the branches except the bent over one. Not sure if we are all saying the same thing or not.
I hate topping because bending does the same thing without the stress and I have to bend like crazy to fit my room anyway. I treat my plants exactly like Joe does. I make them do what I want them to do at all times. I'm a control freak I guess.lol

Racefan, well put. That's the enzyme I was talking about. Only you said it a lot better, lol. Thanks...

peace

I did that to one of mine back in the day, haven't grown for about 3 years now but I snapped the lady right in half to where the stem would of broke off if I didn't hold it while a buddy of mine toothpicked for support and taped it. The healing process turned out great in fact it was a cfl grow and I got a yield 2 grams short of a half pound. ;) off of 3 plants with 10 blubs. OG kush at that dude.

Do your manipulation techniques in veg, never in flower. I'm not sure how old this is. Any updates?

Sadly, this thread was over 5 years old when it was revived. I have a feeling that plant is loooooooooooooooooong gone. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

But hey, since a few of us are reading it, here's a pic of my Jack Herer (still in veg) named Carole King. I "broke" her mid October. She was a clone taken in August, and let's just say I was LSTing with too much confidence. Slit up a piece of straw and put honey inside and wrapped it around her and kept her splinted for a week. Five weeks later she's a lateral lovely.

I have done the same thing to my 24 day old autoflower it has just started showing signs of budding 2 days ago and today I was working in my grow room and I knocked over my fan it landed on my baby and snaped it about a inch and a half up where the first set of leaves are I taped her up straight and gave her support the break was bad only hanging on by a thin layer of stem now my leaves and everything is drooping bad please help will it live wat can I do to help

Take a couple clones to keep the genes in stock. I've survived similar damage by splinting the break. I used a tooth pick and some masking tape.(masking is easier to remove latter)

totally right... you should be fine i would let her mend a few more days ....a split Popsicle stick also works great if possible use that green frog painters tape it wont come lose with water but is still easy to remove if need be.....

Back
Top Bottom