Ugh broke my main stem?!

I've had a couple of stem snaps before while trying to bend, I usually wrap cling film/plastic wrap really tight around the branch to act as a second skin, then keep it well-splinted for a couple of weeks. Try to fit the stem as best you can into its natural position to help it heal. I've even experimented with applying a tiny amount of epoxy resin to the outer woody parts of the break to give it that extra bit of support!
I think a safe bet would be to treat the break like a clone. Mist the leaves occasionally, gentler lighting, out of the wind, and balanced temps. With luck it should heal up in 1-3 weeks, and after removing the cling film the wound should start to bulk out and gain strength.

Hope this helps! :grinjoint:

I did the same thing on one of mine a week ago or so wrapped her up with e-tape and she was a little stressed but still ok 3 week of flower.good luck hope she is ok.

I prefer duct tape and no splint to hinder the ball development where it heals.. Pretend you were super-cropping and meant it... chill and within two or three days it will shows signs of making it through...or it won't. But the end result if she fixes herself is a large ball on the stem which allows unhindered flow upward of nutrients and will make your tops juicilicious!!! :goodluck:

To diagnose it completely one would need to know did the snap tear the stem? Did the stem lose any part of it? If no to both and the top didn't decapitate watch it be fine real soon....don't tinker with your splint for a few days!

Supercropping!

i snapped my main cola s branch,she was still connected just floppy, so yeah basicaly did same as you, braced it and i taped around break site, within 2weeks she was strong enuf to remove her brace, i left tape on her.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

I have done the same thing to my 24 day old autoflower it has just started showing signs of budding 2 days ago and today I was working in my grow room and I knocked over my fan it landed on my baby and snaped it about a inch and a half up where the first set of leaves are I taped her up straight and gave her support the break was bad only hanging on by a thin layer of stem now my leaves and everything is drooping bad please help will it live wat can I do to help

I recently tore a major stem while trying to learn LST. I dripped root gel into the break and wired the branch into place with twist ties. i was very careful with it and in a week it had healed. It developed a large knot at the point of injury but is growing like a weed now. :slide:

break_repair.jpg

Back
Top Bottom