First time Cannibis cook, wondering about ratios

mansamusa25

Hi, I'm making brownies for the first time tomorrow. I bought a box of brownie mix and some oil. I was planning on making enough for maybe 4 people with 4 or 5 grams of frosty very orangey bud with some white in it. I've gotten different answers for all these questions from some research and I'm just gonna ask them. What's a good ratio of oil to bud? Should I strain my oil and if so which is better, cheese cloth, coffee filter, or regular strainer. The brownie mix serves 20 so should I adjust proportionally? How should I adjust cooking times for the fact that there is less mix? What kind of pan should I use? Will it get me and my friends high? I think that does it for my questions, any help would be appreciated.

I have seen a crock pot used to draw out the most thc-6hrs. If you have one laying around dust it off :) I am not sure but if it gets too hot in your pan it will kill the thc. If you don't have a crockpot use a double boiler.

I use a simple formula no oil extracting required.
in a 9x9 pan, coat the bottom with butter.
1 box brownie mix to go into that pan size.
1 oz finely ground cannabis flower tops BUD,(I use my Cannabis Coffee grinder)
Mix 1 oz finely ground cannabis into Brownie mix. Follow the directions as called out for all other ingredients stir until smooth, and creamy
Place in pan, place pan in preheated oven as directions on box call for.
Bake, Cool, serve. A 2" x 2" square is a good enough dose to start with.
Wait one hour if you feel you need more. I do not think you will.
Having the need to ingest cannabis on a regular basis for major chronic pain relief, I have found this method to be the simplist with the most effective results. The least to clean up, and less time consuming in the kitchen.
Have fun :)

That sounds like a good recipe, I'll use it when I have an ounce. But right now I'm really confused because everyone I've asked has given me a different answer on how to make brownies and I have no idea what to actually do. I'm probably just going to use my 4 grams with 1/2 to 3/4s of the box and hope for the best, which I probably won't get.

Trial and error same way I did the 1st few years. But I have stuck to this recipe for over 20 years. Old habits are hard to break sometimes. But your on the right track by cutting the recipe to 1/2 batch with the 4-5 grams. ENJOY :)

Back
Top Bottom