First time grower looking for some advice

Overgrow! been a while since I heard that one LOL.

If you are a new grower it is best to start with the basics. With most soil all you really need are the basic Veg. Bloom nutrients. That along with Lilly Miller B-1 plants starter for Cal/Mag and other key chelated nutrients.

While you may be able to make hydro nutes to work with soil. You would also need a better understanding of the plants themselves to do it right. I would suggest you find a basic soil nutrient mix.

Don't try and make plants do to much at first. The more you try to do. The bigger your mistakes can be. Nothing says you will make mistakes but we all do. With this being your first grow. You are already going to have the best weed you have ever grown. That can only happen if they live. Marijuana is a weed and can grow in pretty shitty conditions. Lots of times plants will do this all on their own with just the basics. The strain you are growing has a lot to do with that.

It doesn't look like you need to repot yet. You will need to before flower though. I like to give them at least a couple weeks after repot before flowering.

Still not using any nutes.

The heater I had got a little outta control and damaged the plant a little :/. Still seems to be okay. Looking a bit droopy in my opinion. When is a good time to start using a bit of nutes. Should I do some trimming on my plant.
I was also thinking of repotting again soon to a 7 gallon fabric pot

Attachments

• 20181231_184604.jpg
    20181231_184604.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 73
  • 20181231_184557.jpg
    20181231_184557.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20181231_184551.jpg
    20181231_184551.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 69
I forget what strain you said you were growing. Yes it is a little droopy. Some of that may come from leaf size. Some strains will do that. Keep a eye on watering to be sure. Double check the top and bottom of the soil for moisture.

It is hard to tell if it needs nitrogen yet. It is not yellowing but I don't know the normal leaf color. It looks like a indica dom plant, now days it is hard to tell. Lots of Indicas can do fairly well with little or no nutrients. The plant is plenty old enough to start feeding. Start with a low dose of veg nuits at first and see how they do. From the looks it is probably not going to want a bunch of them. Extra food will definitely help production. Just watch for burning.

The re-pot is going to need to be done before flowering. I would wait a bit It doesn't look big enough to be root bound. Nothing wrong with filling the pot they are in with roots for now. As long as it is not root bound it is good to let a plant build a good root system. I would wait tell about 2 weeks before you plan to flower it. Plus a re-pot gives you a out if something goes wrong with feeding LOL.

Thanks!

It is dark angel strain so indica domHybrid. I usually just water when the pot feels as light as another pot with dry soil. Around every 3 days. Yea I think I will try to give it a small amount of nutes in a week. Would there be any benefit to trim those big leaves to let the growth under them have more light exposure? They are massive leaves for the plants size haha

Would there be any benefit to trim those big leaves to let the growth under them have more light exposure?

Greetings! :high-five:
No, there’s no benefit to taking off the leaves. The plant actually spends energy to grow those leaves so that they can produce more energy for the plant to grow.

However, you can use LST to open the plant up for light to hit that new growth underneath.
:passitleft:

I agree. leave the leaves LMAO. Most the energy a plant produces comes from the fan leaves. When you go into flower you can trim a few open the plant up some. It is not need now so it is best to leave them untouched.

Back
Top Bottom