First Time Grower Need Some Help- Getting creative w/ wine cooler

Proudamerican

First just wanted to say thank you everyone on here for all the great information it is really good to know there are this many like minded people on here achieving the same goal.

Ok so I have been thinking of growing for awhile now. Money is tight and am having trouble figuring out what i should get to start. I was doing some thinking and I have a working wine cooler the measurements are 1'6" wide 3'6" tall and 1'6" deep pics will be posted the top comes off and i can replace the small light and run i was thinking a 400 hps light in there. It is a cooler so i was thinking i could just leave it on and run the temp at 60 degrees to offset the heat and probably get it really close to that 75-80 degree i was looking to add a little fan in there and was thinking def soil probably 2 plants max. probably looking at auto flowers. also should i add a couple of t5s? would this work? any ideas please send them my way. Thank you!! Pics are below

IMG_104111.JPG
IMG_104011.JPG
IMG_10399.JPG

Thanks man yea I have my doubts too. I really need to do some more research with the different lighting and the heat factor. Thanks again for the input.

hey, nice plan. my take on this is if your not going to expand then go with cfl's or a small led panel. If you do plan on expanding then go with the 400w and get a cooltube and a fan that will keep up with it. Also t5's put out a lot of heat, most don't expect a fluorescent light to be so hot...
:peace:

ventalation. they need air. that looks like a good mother ship. cfl or led, is the way to go for that space. i have 2 super closets for my labs. not as tall but slightly wider and alot deeper. i use floresents in them. full spectrum,or 1 blue[6500k] then change to 1 red[2700k]. can do either. you can get 2 to 5 oz out of that space every 90 to 100 days. and rejuve the plant over and over or clone it. for max height use led. and some 2 footer grow lites. for side lighting. use soil.or can do home made hydro for cheep. but you need a few things. also what strain do ya plan to grow. i do master kush in mine for a simple grow[client request]. i do either 6 plants in hydro or 1 plant in soil. with the kush i get 4 oz out of it. just remember to flower them early in small spaces. they will strech. not enough room for hid type lights[sodium hps ect] there is a small 150watt i like and use has more then enough lite for that space.
10_5_12_0061.JPG
you can see all 3 types
IMG_072018.JPG

if useing led dont run longer then 14 hr.

Thanks gairbud that's a lot of good information. Def cleared up a lot of questions I had I appreciate it! As far as a strain I was thinking some sort of autoflower I saw on nirvania this bubalicious autoflower it had really good reviews. But I am not sure if the yield on those will be that great so ill look into that master kush.

autos should work good for you in the small space and they can be done in 45 days or shorter. just do 12/12 with them. they like night. and dont worry if purple shows up in them autos have purp genes in them. lot of new auto growers worry about that. i know the lowryder kush and the brazillian autos are very potant. but there are many new autos out there. if ya find one that get about 5 feet that is a big yeild strain. very rare to find. also heard good on the iranian auto a freind did. he was happy. they were done at 22 inches. almost 1 oz per plant. 1 big bud.

call me a wild man if you want to but I think im a "pioneer " lol or a dumbass as my wife would say.... the first is my experamental labratory its a double closet converted. been changed three or four times as you will see !! The old dungeon looking spot is " the spot " its like the bakery , Its where we make bread !
downsize_2_3.jpg
545291_374863585913863_1781344365_n.jpg
started as all hydro drip system
095_2_.jpg
then the combo hand water
100_13005.JPG
100_13005.JPG
Not the hanging tomato planter style , thats right I said topsy turdy baby Oh yes I did !!

Yup shes right , Im a definate dumbass !! Its not a mirror its my babies bedroom door !
1211121311a.jpg
downsize_8_.jpg
Pretty small for 1000 w hps on ceiling and 400 w mh on floor plus a flock of tubes and cfls

Man that's a killer setup!! I would agree with you being a pioneer haha that's what is all about. Taking nothing and turning it into something. I really appreciate all the great info man can't thank you enough I am just getting funds together right now hopefully in the next two weeks I can begin/complete my little project.

I believe I got the lights picked out a UFO led from dorm grow and probably gonna throw a little 2" t5 in there. The circulation issue I am going to core probably 2 or 3" hole in the bottom right corner and just run like 6inches of duct and connect it to a little fan and core a 1" hole in the top corner opposite side and have a cheap vacuum attached is all I could think about still thinking about the soul but I have some grow books and I reading heavily into that.

the ditchdiggers correct bro , what you can do is get started while its winter and your cooling headaches wont be so bad !!! Anytime brother I can give you some help , but you better get a second opinion on what I tell u ..... Im just a rookie at indoor ,especially hydro !! But ill keep you up 2 date on my baby girls ..tc here is some eye candy 4 u
05346.JPG
04858.JPG
08812.JPG

Back
Top Bottom