First time hydroponics

Woblaaaah

Heya peeps so I decided to give dwc a shot I've been wanting to give it a go for a while but never really got around to it this season I'm trying my luck at an outdoor dwc set up. I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to dwc here is a pic.
IMG20201029102054.jpg

IMG20201029102058.jpg

So I'm using hard water strait from the tap ppm of about 0.4. I'm using the canna aqua line for nutrients
- 22mls aqua vega A, per 10L
- 22mls aqua vega B, per 10L
- 20 mls rhizo tonic, per 10L
- 25 mls canna zym, per 10L
All adds up to a ec of around 1.7

I also have two air stones in the bucket with a aqua one precision 9500 air pump. Everything looking okay so far and tips or if I'm doing anything wrong would be much appreciated.

I also am messing around with this.
IMG20201029102105.jpg

IMG20201029102116.jpg

I have no idea what it's called some kind of recirculating hydroponic system has the same nutes in the tank with a water pump in there continuously pumping water from the bottom to the hydro halos at the top Wich then trickles through the aqua pebbles and back to the resivour. Any reasons you can see why this would not work??

Hey @Woblaaaah !

That's quite the setup you have going!

I'm not familiar with those nutes, but I'm sure a more experienced grower will chime about it.
Plant looks good and healthy from what I can see. Make sure to keep that rockwool from getting wet...you want to grow the roots.

Download this picture and reference every time you check your reservoir... it makes life easier.
C62E28B0-CCEB-4E4A-BC84-A47103ECEC8B.jpeg-1.jpg

When setting your PH, aim for a PH of 5.8 and let it drift upwards until 6.5ish. This will allow the plant to absorb nutrients best.

If you decide to look at other nutes, you could consider Mega Crop as it's as easy to use as it gets.

Keep an eye on water temps as well...dont let it get too warm

Hey @Woblaaaah !

That's quite the setup you have going!

I'm not familiar with those nutes, but I'm sure a more experienced grower will chime about it.
Plant looks good and healthy from what I can see. Make sure to keep that rockwool from getting wet...you want to grow the roots.

Download this picture and reference every time you check your reservoir... it makes life easier.
C62E28B0-CCEB-4E4A-BC84-A47103ECEC8B.jpeg-1.jpg

When setting your PH, aim for a PH of 5.8 and let it drift upwards until 6.5ish. This will allow the plant to absorb nutrients best.

If you decide to look at other nutes, you could consider Mega Crop as it's as easy to use as it gets.

Keep an eye on water temps as well...dont let it get too warm
Thanks man looks like there is alot of monitoring required. That's chart looks helpful thanks man. Yea I'm in NZ so I'm sort of limited to the nutrients I can get.

Ahh, there's a few on here from your area, I'm sure what you got will do just fine. Don't get sucked into the nute hype and keep it as simple to start as you can.

That chart is floated around on here and is about the best thing to have for hydroponics as a beginner in my opinion.

Yup, hydro is about monitoring, reading and adjusting. Your roots will speak back via EC faster then leaves and if you follow the chart and remember that the back of the bottles are guidelines, & listen to the plant, you'll eliminate a lot of problems.

Don't be shy to ask any questions, there's many on here who can answer. I'm far from an experienced grower but have a basic grasp and understand it better then soil growing!

Back
Top Bottom