Florida: Medical Marijuana Likely To Make November's Ballot

Robert Celt

The seeds were planted two years ago.

This year we might see medical marijuana take root in Florida. An organization, United for Care, says they have gathered around 900,000 petitions to put a medical marijuana amendment on the November ballot. The Supervisor of Elections office is in the process of validating the signatures. Only 683,149 valid signatures are needed to put the issue on the ballot.

"The campaign is about to officially take off, and our focus will shift to educating undecided voters and raising money for the fight on the airways late next year," said Ben Pollara, campaign manager for United for Care.

Some Bay area mother's are also making marijuana their mission.

Moriah Barnhart and Renee Petro both have children suffering from debilitating diseases. Both have said they've seen cannabis ease their children's suffering.

Push for medical marijuana in Florida

"You see them suffering, you've got to find something that's going to make it better," Petro said.

While the Florida legislature has approved a particular form of medical marijuana, several challenges to rules have delayed the roll out. This amendment would be different.

"Really what this amendment does is make the full plant available for patients of all ages and ailments," Barnhart said.

Right now 23 states and Washington D.C. have legalized cannabis for medical reasons.

"Our children deserve quality of life, [but] at the same time, we are trying to save their life and our zip code really shouldn't determine what is and isn't available to a sick, suffering, or dying child or patient," Barnhart said.

Marijuana_plant4.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Florida: Medical Marijuana Likely To Make November's Ballot
Author: Jonathan Petramala
Photo Credit: WTSP

Well, I may be packing it up and moving to the "Sunshine" within the next couple of years it looks like?

My hope is that the rest of the southern states will have a better looking glass at what MMJ looks like and fallows suit.

I just hope they will fallow some what of a Western model of MMJ, with dispencaries selling all different strains and dirivitaves and doctors recommending it for all different types of ailments as well as allowing personal medical home grows

Back
Top Bottom