Flushing Questing?

flashcolash

I have a couple ladies growing in the same medium. Im doing autos (onxy and himalaya blue diesel) one of the ladies finished alot earlier then expected (about 10 days). I dont want to flush the rest of the ladies to early and lose valuable bloom nutes. Can I cut her out (at the base of the main stem) and place it in a jar of water. Will the plant use the water for a couple days and flush her system.

Heres a pic of the finished lady!

SDC14606.JPG

SDC14602.JPG

You can check out the whole grow here
Autoflower Onxy and Blue Himalya Diesel - Homemade Dripper System

This is from the Nutes Tutorial but I think it applies to your question:

Cut the plant off at soil level. Place plant in a bucket with enough PLAIN tapwater to cover the base, but not touch lower limbs or vegetation....

Add a bubbler to the bucket to help "fool" the plant into thinking it is still alive (this only works up to 4 days before they wilt!)
Tthe plant will now use the nutrients stored in it's system . Leave under the lights at least 2 days-- up to 4 (3 is the usual amount)
IF you are one who puts their plants in the dark the last 3 days, give em at least 24 hours under lights before ya do... the photosynthesis will help the plant flush out unused nitrogen.

I don't know if that will help, but it was for people growing with MG soil that couldn't flush properly. I just remembered reading it when I was looking at nute schedules. Nice looking plants :)

Ive already done it... i figured i could experiment with one plant.....if it doesnt work ill get a lil bud with some funny taste....but im a person that is sorta on the fence about flushing im sure it has it advantages but not sure if the outway the disadvantages like robbing the plant of nute....but anyway thanks for the reply

lol I feel the same way about flushing. I read both arguements and couldn't decide. Give us an update if you can. Id like to know how it worked out, because I might have to do it to a couple of mine.

Back
Top Bottom