Autoflower Onxy and Blue Himalya Diesel - Homemade Dripper System

flashcolash

Swim is changing her methods from DWC to Dripper System... Swim has made a homemade dripper system for her next grom. Swim is doing autoflowering strains. These strains are ready for harvest 60-65 days from seed! They yield anywhere from 15g-45g with the avg. being 20g a plant. But Swim has read some plants producing over 100g. Hydro seems to increase the yields also.

Strains: Onxy-(AK47 x White russian and diesel) 10 seeds
Himalaya Blue Diesel- (new york city diesel x blueberry and an
automatic kush strain) 2 female seeds

Medium: 4"x4" rockwool cubes

Nutes: General Hydroponics (3 Part)
-Flora
-bloom
-micro
(bloombastic will be added during flowering---Heard good things bout this)

Lighting: 400 watt MH for veg/ 430 hps for flowering. Lights are on 24/7 and will continue this regiment all the way through since im doing autos.

Fan for temp control and circulation.

Swim has her nutes mixing in a 10 gal res. with two airstones for plenty of oxygen.

The Drippers are on a timer 3/day for 30mins....Feedings are 8 hours apart to allow for drying and drainage.

Swim started with 12 seeds. All 12 sprouted with 2 for sure female. They are sitting in 4"x4" rockwool cubes inside of a 45" planter with bout 3" of hydroton at the bottom of each planter. Each planter has a drainage tube that leads to the resevoir. The ladies are bout 3 weeks old....Swim has been using a 1/2 strength mix but is about to switch to full strength. After the first flowers are seen Swim plans to switch to bloom mixture and and some of the bloombastic (1/2) strength.
Swim also plans to keep 2 of the strongest males for seed production since auto cant be cloned or regenerated. Swim is hoping to cross the two different strains and make her own strain. :grinjoint:

Swim would love advice and comments good or bad. Thx

SDC14550.JPG

SDC14551.JPG

SDC14549.JPG

SDC14552.JPG

SDC14553.JPG

Re: Autoflower Onxy and Blue Himalya Diesel- Homemade Dripper System

Plants are looking pretty good. I have never done auto or hydro/water of any kind but am the learnin sort of peeps!:geek: Who the hell is Swim??:hmmmm: We know female.... she seems to want to change her ways!!:tokin:

SWIM? just dont want to incriminate anyone!!!! and wanted advice with the lighting? 24/7 or 20/4

Here an update on the beautiful ladies.... 4 weeks into the grow....plants just started showing sex!!

planted 12...all germinated

4 weeks later 4 males and 8 female

all plants are pretty uniform in size except for 3 (2 small dwarfs which are starting to take off and 1 exceptional larger female)

4-5weeks until harvest

SAM_08231.JPG

SAM_0822.JPG

SAM_0824.JPG

Looking good! Nice you got 8 females!! Do you intend to take any clones?

I have never used 24/7, do 20/4 or 12/12, sorry! Maybe someone else can advise.

Re: Autoflower Onxy and Blue Himalya Diesel- Homemade Dripper System *Update*

I have actually been growing on 24/7 with 8 hours darkness (4 hr/day on the weekends) just so i can get a lil extra root growth.....everything is doing well since these plants rely on age and not light for flowering!!!!

Since the plants have a 65 day life cycle clones are advisible since any stress would significantly hurt the yield...also i wouldnt know how to regenerate the clone since putting them under continuous light wont revert them back to vegetative stage.

But i am planning on producing seeds with the biggest strongest male

*UPDATE* autos 6wks old

I was changing the nutes and decided to give an update to the ladies.... i had a lil problem with drooping and some yellowing leaves but all is good now

8 females
6 onxy and 2 himalaya blue diesel

plants are under a 430 son agro hps for 24hr for 5 days and 20/4 for 2 days

ladies are growing great....i have pollinated (spelling) a couple of the big females before removing the males and replaced them with new seedlings

sizes of plants are
  1. 23"
  2. 18"
  3. 15"
  4. 15"
  5. 13"
  6. 10"
  7. 8"
  8. 6" dwarf

about 2-3 more weeks until harvest
i will be adding Bloombastic for the final stage

SAM_0880.JPG

SAM_0878.JPG

SAM_0879.JPG

update

heres two better pics....the big girl is the one on the far left....some was cut off from the pic due to the lighting equipment.....

SAM_08821.JPG

SAM_0883.JPG

will report back in a week....CHEERS!!!!:thumb:

Update @ 50 Days...15 days till harvest

We girls....in full bloom...im currently on the bloom regiment w/general hydroponics...also using bloombastic....girls are looking very nice....such a big difference from last week...very excited to see the end product..never done autos before but looks like that i got it right the first time..... Just hoping the big girl's buds get bigger...she was heavily pollenated and i feel like all the energy is going to seed production and not the buds...anyway enjoy the pics and happy new year!
SDC14597.JPG

SDC14601.JPG

SDC14600.JPG

SDC14598.JPG

removed the males when they started showing...then when pollen sacs erupted i used a qtip to collect pollen the rubbed it on the selected buds!!!!
and looking better everyday....it amazing how much they are growing day by day

Welcome to the jungle!!! (HomeStretch)!!!!!!!!

im on the final days of flowering....some plants are finishing earlier then other....(A problem i hope to WEED out in the next grow by trying to use more of the same seeds from my best girl)....heres some pics to get the mouth watering.....ive cut 1 girl out (from the base of the stem) and put her in a glass of water (no nutes) to flush....i have an airstone in the glass (i guess it suppose to make the plant think its still alive).....prolly one more post right before harvest. enjoy

SDC146061.JPG

SDC146021.JPG

SDC14656.JPG

SDC14653.JPG

SDC14654.JPG

SDC14655.JPG

SDC14657.JPG

SDC14661.JPG

SDC14660.JPG

SDC14659.JPG

shit yes man i am so about to do the same damn thing in my closet for sure, just looked up some seeds, santa and some speedy gonzales, regular both ways and goona make a speedy santa mix eventually lol

Re: Harvested and Drying

finally got done with the grow......it took longer then the 60-65 days stated by the seed maker but still worth it. 1-2 plants were done at about 65 days (trichs mostly milky white) the others took about 70-75 days...Might be because of the hps....its said that when you grow under hps the normally grow an extra week. But anyway...i didnt measure the ending product but seems the got about 3-5 inches taller then last measured.....Most of the plants had single colas....2-3 of them were branchy...Both HBD plants had single colas.....Many crystals on all the plants...all plants have a light bluish hue...some parts on some of the plants have a lil purple....but got a lil cold where they were at.....enought talk here are the pics....will report back the finally yield once dried (if i can keep my hands out the cookie jar:)

SDC10064.JPG
SDC10063.JPG
SDC10062.JPG
SDC10061.JPG
SDC10056.JPG
SDC10059.JPG
SDC100551.JPG
SDC10051.JPG
SDC100581.JPG

SDC100651.JPG
SDC10066.JPG
SDC10067.JPG
SDC10069.JPG
SDC100701.JPG

havnt weighed it yet...i think imma just take a dry wieght...i hate to see the weight before drying...

ohhh added notte....most of my trichs were milky with some even amber but plants still had plenty white hairs!!

Hi flashcolash

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!
:cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom