Flushing with R/O water

Leary

Hello everybody :grinjoint:

I have a question about flushing with reverse osmosis water (in pots with soil).

From my understanding I should be using a calcium and magnesium supplement with R/O water because it lacks these vital nutrients, so my question is should I continue using my calcium and magnesium supplements throughout the 2-3 weeks I flush? Or should I literally just give the plants pure R/O water during this time? I don't want to cause any problems right before harvest so i'm a bit concerned and confused on the topic. Oh and just so you all know, I am using completely organic nutrients (even the calcium and magnesium are organic products from Organicare). I am looking forward to your feedback. Thank you all very much for your time, I appreciate it.

:peace: Peace :thanks: :ciao:

High Leary!

You flush for two to three weeks? Thats a tad longer on the flush than you need. Usually a week to a week and a half is more then enough. As for your question I wouldn't normally say yes keep adding the cal/mag to the flush but if your going to flush for that long you may want too. The purpose of the flush as you probably know is to stop the plant from taking up any new nutes and using the stored nutes with in to the plant. Reason for this is it helps to smooth out the smoke and remove any harshness the nutes may add. I know people that dont flush at all. I like to flush my self and highly recommend it, just not for that long. Even in soil a 7 to 10 day flush is more than enough. Any longer and you may actually be preventing the plant to live up to its abilities as a lot happens in the last three weeks of a grow.

cool thanks for your input :)

Chrome is rite, alot happens in the last 3 weeks. a week is good enough. and the longer you let it cure the smoother and less harsh it is. cool dark place 7to 10 days

Back
Top Bottom