Foliar spraying?

i foliar sprayed my girls through veg. you can do it a couple of times a day at least. its a good way to directly feed the plant rather than feeding it through the roots. sometimes i wouldn't foliar feed a day or two after watering b/c the plant had fresh watering. its also a good way to avoid over watering. if you give your plant the right amount, you can water every 5 days or so all the way through flowering. make sure to stop foliar feeding the first week into flower. some might argue that you should stop before flower, but as long as there isn't hairs on the buds to get wet, you should be good.

mix some 1/4 strength nutes into your foliar solution so your plants can get some of those nutes. make sure you don't keep the lights too close when you foliar spray, if you do they will evaporate the water too quick for the plant to use it, and that's not good. good luck!!

marijuana med, I personally only get to spray once a day. I pull my lights to the side and give a good top to bottom spray and let em soak it in, then release my lights about 20 to 25 minutes later. By that time every leaf has pointed upwards, almost as if they were saying "we could do that all day". I recommend once a day and not always with nutes. My plants love Diamond Nectar on them.
Question if you don't mind,
Do you or any one know if there is a certain ppm and ph for foliar spraying. Just wondering.
Going to do some spraying now and thought I'd take a look around here, but nothing yet.
Peace!
SINGLECOLA........

Ok i read 2 good interesting points that could help me first, hazyatbest you said not to foliar feed when they are flowering why is this and if so i have been foliar feeding even though they are in flower should i stop? and the second SINGLECOLA you said that you pull them away from the lights usually i spray them and then put them right back into the lights should i stop doing this and just pull them aside till dry??

Thanks for the help

ok skunk, i've heard you can foliar feed through the first couple of weeks of flower, but once the pistils start developing i don't think you are supposed to get them wet unless necessary. plants outdoors have this problem with rain though, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

as far as singlecola's question about the ppm and ph, i would use 1/4 strength nutes, and try to balance your pH as close to the recommended amount (6.3-6.8 for soil, and 5.2-5.8 or so for hydro) as you can. sometimes you have to balance your pH a certain way because the soil is low pH, but feeding through the leaves eliminates this problem, and you just pH balance it to one of the levels i mentioned before.

Back
Top Bottom