Found worms in harvested buds

demlshn

420 Member
Im harvesting my outdoor buds that i failed to do any preventative pest care on and im suffering the consequences for it now. Worms are repelling from the drying buds. Should i do a bud wash immediately after a quick trim? Or should i let the buds thoroughly dry so the worms escape first, then do bud wash. And whats the best bud wash recipe?

What is the ratio to use? Are u saying 1 part h202 to 3 parts distilled water? How many minutes do i dip bud in solution?
Do i rinse with hot or cold water after the solution?
I use 12% and dilute it 1:10 to make it 1.2%
If yours is 3% 1:3 would be roughly equivalent
Dip for about 10 mins until the fizz stops lol
:passitleft:

So when you say "....after 8 hrs, do the bud wash.....", I assume you mean 8hrs of drying, trimmed or untrimmed. Am I correct in this assumption?
Is there anything I can do for the stuff thats completely dry? Can I dip those as well? Im in sunny California, so it should dry again quickly. Also, do you change solution often so that the floaters doesn't stick to the clean buds?

"....after 8 hrs, do the bud wash.....", I assume you mean 8hrs of drying, trimmed or untrimmed. Am I correct in this assumption?
We will have to wait for @Roy Growin to come on-line but I thought he was recommending putting the flowers in some water to push many of the worms or insects out of the buds since that was how they washed bugs out of berries and fruits. Then after 8 hours of the water soak it is time to do the Hydrogen Peroxide rinse. Though, 8 hours does sound like a long time and I am thinking that an hour or so should be enough if other washes and rinses are done.

Is there anything I can do for the stuff thats completely dry? Can I dip those as well? Im in sunny California, so it should dry again quickly. Also, do you change solution often so that the floaters doesn't stick to the clean buds?
My recommendation is to follow the Hydrogen Peroxide wash, about 5 to 10 minutes, with a Baking Soda and Lemon Juice wash. The Baking Soda and Lemon Juice will cause a gently foaming reaction when they are mixed. That can really push all the insects out into the water and again for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then two rinses with clean water.

I use water at approx room temperature. If the water is too warm or hot it does look like it is cooking the buds. Cold water also seems to darken up the buds so I decided to use 'room temperature' when I bud wash. You can experiment after each grow and see if you like a different temperature.

The method above that I like using ends up with a water change after the peroxide wash, a change after the baking soda and lemon juice wash and then a water dump after each rinse.

We will have to wait for @Roy Growin to come on-line but I thought he was recommending putting the flowers in some water to push many of the worms or insects out of the buds since that was how they washed bugs out of berries and fruits. Then after 8 hours of the water soak it is time to do the Hydrogen Peroxide rinse. Though, 8 hours does sound like a long time and I am thinking that an hour or so should be enough if other washes and rinses are done.

My recommendation is to follow the Hydrogen Peroxide wash, about 5 to 10 minutes, with a Baking Soda and Lemon Juice wash. The Baking Soda and Lemon Juice will cause a gently foaming reaction when they are mixed. That can really push all the insects out into the water and again for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then two rinses with clean water.

I use water at approx room temperature. If the water is too warm or hot it does look like it is cooking the buds. Cold water also seems to darken up the buds so I decided to use 'room temperature' when I bud wash. You can experiment after each grow and see if you like a different temperature.

The method above that I like using ends up with a water change after the peroxide wash, a change after the baking soda and lemon juice wash and then a water dump after each rinse.
^^ Yes, that is pretty much what I mean SW

So check it, Worms invade/damage 100% of the buds, (whole stem to outside) while they are drilling they leave poop. after 2 days theres buds missing stems drying out in nasty worm poo,only thing from far thats a give away is its drying in sun, so red or dead buds. Point going for , budwashing needs to pierce through each little branch and nug nomatter the size, (to flush their poo and decaying leftover food that they decided to leave and go try a different new nug instead of eating it all) --==You want a dawn, a soap, a dish soap style, soo lotsa smokers choose baknSoda and lime, This wont do shit other than let the water touch the parts around the crystals without getting seald out. Thc also feels\seems like wax, if u think of wax and water together. Missing PART =---- Stimulation , turbulence, bubbles.) you want thoise buds to go get flipped around like a big wave tumbling around and around. =--Reality Try the Soap in your largest possible bucket, I use a 50 gal barrel. Then if you have an air compressor, or bike pump or your lungs. then throw the hose into the bucket and down to bottom, then pump air through , the more the better, like beeing in a jacuzzi with jets on high. unforunately the buds are stacking on top of one another, so trimming it all into smallest buds will work, Large buds, NOPE, your forced to downsize to many many little nugs, or.. smoke that #&#$&. It's some work. especially if ur keeping it in Bud form. My buds look so bad at times I cant think of smoking em, So I strain out the THC hash style. (clean though)

So i misunderstood you then. Are you saying to submerge buds for 8 hrs in a hydrogen Peroxide bath?
Hello Amigo
No - I'm saying that for wet fruit we would soak overnight so any bugs/maggots etc crawl out, float to the top and drown
It might only take an hour for dry bud
Once the bugs have gone, then do the H2O2 rinse to get rid of any contamination

@013 may have explained it better :thanks:

Interesting subject, if I may add my 2 cent's worth: soaking the buds for a few hours does not hurt or diminish the potency or taste in any way of the flower after drying.

Back
Top Bottom