Fox farm?

akizzil

420 Member
Has anyone ever used fox farm in a hydro unit? If so what kinda results? I'm gonna attempt it but, it seems like it may clog my sprayers.. I'm using an aero system. Thnk I'll be alright??

Has anyone ever used fox farm in a hydro unit? If so what kinda results? I'm gonna attempt it but, it seems like it may clog my sprayers.. I'm using an aero system. Thnk I'll be alright??

They have a hydro specific formula and it worked great for me. I used Grow big, Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. I can't reccomend there supplements(ie-Open sesame) cause it burned my plants pretty good. If you do use them be very careful! I had no cloggage problems at all and the plants turned out great. I am using Botanicare now and love there lineup, probably more than FF. Hope this helps!

Yeah I got the hydro stuff, but they only make the grow big for hydro?? But I'll give it a try. Next round I'm goona get some new nutes.. Who makes a good two or three part pack for hydro, aero system to be exact??

Yeah I got the hydro stuff, but they only make the grow big for hydro?? But I'll give it a try. Next round I'm goona get some new nutes.. Who makes a good two or three part pack for hydro, aero system to be exact??

I am running Botanicare in my aero system with great results so far.

Botanicare
  1. Pro Grow
  2. Pro Bloom
  3. Cal-Mag
  4. Liquid Karma
I can tell you the most widely used and affordable are the GH series of nutes. I have just been trying several different brands myself to find one I like best. I am trying AN next grow, but I really like the Botanicare stuff.

Wuddup akizzil,
On the top of Fox Farms, you're right, only GB comes in hydro. The other two can be used in either soil or hydro. I've used Fox Farms for 3 grows now, and have a good amount of their products. Fox Farms is better known for their soil & bat guano, not nutrients. The nutrients are good and work synergistically with the soil. However, better nutes do exist. FF's nutes are good for soil grows and for beginners. You'll still have a great grow with FF, because the quality isnt lacking at all, but if you want to maximize the potential of your grow, my friendly suggestion would be to look into other companies.

It doesn't sound like you are using a true aero unit but probably a DWC/Aero Hybrid. If that's the case, then you should be able to use just about any hydro nutes like Advanced Nutrients, Botanicare, Technaflora, General Hydroponics etc etc. If you are running a true aero, or would prefer aero nutes, then I'd tell you to look into Supernatural Nutrients or Vita Links Nutrients. I'm not sure if Supernatural is labeled as "aero nutes" specifically, but peer growers have had great success with them in aero setups. Vita Links sounds like they would cater to you best, because they have an additive that is made especially to reduce the clogging of filters, sprayers etc etc. Last but not least, AN's Sensi A+B has worked great in aero journals that I've seen, and wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Hopes this helps some..

later bro

I'm sure you heard of stinkbuds system?? If not it's kinda like a aero/nft system. With all the research I been doing, I'm kinda leaning towards advanced I think.. They seem simple, reliable and I like the whole ph thing they got goin on.. Yet I gotta use up these ff nutes first!!! I'm just tired of hauling around water jugs constantly.. Time to step up game.. Thanx for the input guys!

Ok I was on fox farms website and it says to filter the big bloom when using aeroponics... How should I do this?, a coffee filter or something? And what about the tiger bloom? The grow big is pretty fluid so it might not need filtered??? Anyone ever done this before? Thanks again for the info guys...

hey akizzil, i also use the fox farm trio. worked great for me. but i did filter the big bloom. i just mixed it with a lil bit of water shook real good then ran through a coffee filter. i hear you can use a tea filter but i couldnt find one to try. with foxfarm just add the nutes to like a half gallon of water first and shake the heck out of it. then fill the rest of the gallon and repeat shaking. the big bloom has lots of setiment in it and if you dont filter it kind of collects at the bottom.

I called fox farm the other day, they said the samething.. Just run it throgh panty hoes!! But now I'm havin trouble with my meter. I bought a nutradip trimeter.. When my light kicks on, the meter goes crazy, specially the ppm's.. I have a digitalgreenhouse 400w, an agrostar 400, n a future birte 400... The agrostar starts the hrdest and the futurebrite starts the slowest and easiest.. When the futurebrite starts it will jump from 250 to 500 ppm's n all over the place... With the agrostar it went from 250 to 5000 ppms n all over the place!!! When any of the lights go off the meter goes rite back to it's original reading??? Also when I add ph up or down, the ppm's will fluctuate?? Does anyone have any idea what's goin on? Thanx again guys

That's what it seems like.. Lights off it works perfect. Lights on it goes all outa wack.. I'm bout to give up on hydro, n haven't even got to use.. Too much invested though.. Might have to get some handheld meters.. Idk I'm goin back to the shop on Tuesday n we'll see what happens.. I'm pissed though!!!!!

So ur ppm meter isnt hand held? maybe if everything is pluged into one circuit then theres too much draw. also are the ballasts build in or do they have cords connecting the light socket? whatever the problem is , it is a small one. dont give up on hydro ywt. it is an excellent and fun way to grow.

I only use one light. Currently my futurebrite. I thought it was a current issue also. I've ran extention cords from other ends of the house switched all kinds of things around.. You got me.. But no it's not a handhled, it's a nutradip trimeter.. My aero system I built works just fine! But I know ph and ppm is the big factor in hydro and I gota do something, it's driving me nuts!! I've been tinker around with this thing for days! Thanks chevyman I sent ya a pm

I actually read alot of good reviews on foxfarm..but when i tried it myself in hydro with distilled water I had major PH fluctuation and ended up resulting in several nutrient deficiencies and the death of my crop. This was however my first grow so i'm sure other factors effected this. For my 2nd grow i switched to tap water and technaflora starter kit and had a FAR FARRRRR more stable PH. Just my 2cents!

Yeah we had problems with earth juice and the ph jumpin around... And yes I started a lil experimant with fox farm and the samething is goin on.. Not nearly as bad tho... But I just picked up some iguana juice!! Expensive as shit tho.. But we'll see what happens... Thanks again guys!!

Well I guys I went with iguana juice... All I gota say is wow! I've used ff, gh, technaflora, & earth juice. N my buddys tryin out advanceds 3 part... The iguana juice has definetly shown the best results, by far! For both hydro n soil!!! Stickn wit advanced fosho!

Back
Top Bottom