Freshwater green hair algae as food source?

SwissSwiss

perhaps a dumb question but bare with me. Together with my saltwater system i have a freshwater planted tank that regularly spawns hair algae (guppies and mollys reproduce like crazy adding to the bio load..) so I regularly remove this stuff. I was wondering if it has any nutritional value for our plants or if I'm putting my plant at risk of mold and other unwanted stuff...

the hair algae should be loaded with nitrates and phosphates....useless for the plants building blocks?

algae in aspect of an nute is perfekt,but in an hydrophonic(Aquaponics) system its an sign off PH,Temp or overnute problem or contamination and that can be a problem.

I grow only in soil other member can told more with better informations.

Good luck

I'm going soil as well, my concern is how i would "feed" it to my plant. if I'm not mistaken i should "compost" (I'm new to all these terms) or mix it with the soil prior to planting the plant as opposed to say, drying it, shredding it and sprinkling it around the base of my plant with water.

oh ok sorry,

drying algae plants to give is so different ways:

1Drying+shredding
1.1give the cuttet dryed algea in the soil as pure organic, as a soil adittive(pulvery consitence)
1.2Drying and then make a Tea(in kind of nettel,manure) OR even better make an batcerial incubator with air stones(alot of ways too make good compsot Tea)
1.3wait a while an make an compost(u can speed up with yeast and sugar)
1.4Wormcasting

The most important thing is neat to desalinate.

I can not recite you what you like best.
but 1.2 and 1.4 are my favorites

Back
Top Bottom