Friday Night Session

I'm about to follow suit Big dog.

I had an interesting thing happen today. While I was preparing my breakfast this morning of 2 eggs and an English muffin, drinking my coffee, I was mulling a few hits worth of bubble hash in a small pat of butter in a double boiler. I let it simmer for about 20 minutes while I cooked and ate.

In the past I'd mixed this butter into a coffee beverage all dressed up with syrup and cream to hide the flavor. This has been pretty palatable, but I've only done it a couple of times. This morning I'd finished my coffee already so I poured a carton of yogurt in a bowl and started to mix in the butter. Of course the warm butter hit the cold yogurt and started to congeal into good sized chunks.

I mixed and chopped it in quickly before proceeded to gag down the yogurt with these big chunks of extremely pungent cannabutter. I chewed them up into a grainy paste and swallowed them one by on as I finished the bowl of yogurt. It was not pleasant. This was at about 7:00 AM. I had hash on my breath all morning.

I went to run some errands and go to work. After half an hour I started to notice a difference, and after an hour and a half I felt I must have had the best of it by then and I really wasn't impressed.

It wasn't until I finished my late lunch (8 hours after ingestion) that I really noticed the rolling rising tide as my body and mind finally acknowledged the all encompassing stone that had engulfed me. I thought to myself "this is some strong stuff, I really shouldn't smoke any more of it today". Then I realized I hadn't smoked anything at all.

At 4:20 PM I felt that I must be peaking. I had a huge grin on my face, after laughing uproariously at a series of posts I had just read on this site. My whole body was buzzing. It was a fantastic soaring high 9 hours after eating the butter.

It has been slowly subsiding for the last 4 or 5 hours, where I am at last ready to say that I indeed will now join you w/ a bowl.

I guess my body metabolizes Cannabinoids in a strange way; or my method of THC activation makes it slow release.

Hmm, that's pretty wierd. It usually take me 20 minutes to an hour to feel the full effects of edibles. Yeah, it must thave something to do with your metabolism.

As for my Friday night, I hear you Big Dog, I had a long week too. I just took it easy tonight, enjoyed a joint with some friends downtown and now I'm gonna crash and sleep in tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that!

love the edibles. i love the taste of the butter. but no disguising the breath. different buzz all together from smoking it. usually hits me within the hour and increases for a couple hours and slowly backs off leaving me kind of sleepy

smoking a bowl as we speak ... blueberry afgahni

Actually I love to eat it(in edible form) and smoke it( in reg form). It gives you both effects at the same time, and is awesome! Try it if you don't believe me. It's a very very awesome high.

Nature man, I know how you feel. Normally it doesn't take QUITE that long, but edibles take forever and a day to hit me. But in all, it sounds like a good time so i'm glad you enjoyed haha.

As far as the OP's little session... Me and the B.O.D are chillin right now.

Back
Top Bottom