From greenhouse to garden

Mr Ellis

420 Member
I have just moved a 7 foot tall critical mass and a black bart out of my greenhouse to my garden beds as they were too tall for my greenhouse. They are both in 20 Gal fibre pots. I just realized they are just starting to flower and now am worried that our weather is starting to call for cooler days and rain. I live In the Pacific NW on Vancouver Island. I have been told when they are producing buds not to get the buds wet, now what do I do?? Susan

Attachments

• 1BEA33FB-C5BB-4277-B739-661F0B151B51.jpeg
    1BEA33FB-C5BB-4277-B739-661F0B151B51.jpeg
    863.7 KB · Views: 33
  • D03DD414-264E-4442-A743-EFE07D763A38.jpeg
    D03DD414-264E-4442-A743-EFE07D763A38.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 35
We tried tying them down but there was no room to water or move in there. My newbie mistake was I have 6 and they are all huge coupled with the fact that I have 1/2 of my greenhouse full of extremely hot peppers that took up to 3months to germinate. Does anyone grow them outside her the PNW??

Okay i realized how difficult it woud be to keep them dry so I rearranged the greenhouse taking out two racks and put them back in. They are still crowded but did the best I could do. Once the buds are more evident I understand I can strip the leaves offering more light and less chances of mold???? Also tied down on an angle some of the tops so they are mostly not sitting on the roof.

Okay i realized how difficult it woud be to keep them dry so I rearranged the greenhouse taking out two racks and put them back in. They are still crowded but did the best I could do. Once the buds are more evident I understand I can strip the leaves offering more light and less chances of mold???? Also tied down on an angle some of the tops so they are mostly not sitting on the roof.
I have heard that tying them down in flower is fine (even sideways). Also ensure they aren't pressed against the GH as that is an easy spot for condensation to collect on the buds.

Do I need a fan out there when it is moist in the green house? Have the fron door open and the roof window open for airflow.
It all depends...my GH gets to 90% RH overnight but dries to 55% RH in the day...that works for me (though not ideal). I have a fan out there just in case but have not used it yet this summer. Do you keep it vented overnight? Check it first thing in the am to make sure it is not too humid and deal with it accordingly (close it up, add fan, etc.)

Its Impossible to completely keep the from touching the sides as they are really to big for my greenhouse which is only 6X8. So I have done what I can to minimize touching the top but cant do to much about the sides. I keep the roof vent open at all times but do close the door at night to keep vermin out

Thank you. I grew some autoflower white widows and they were quite small, I had no Idea how huge these guys were going to get. My first go at this as my greenhouse is usually just for hot peppers.

WHAT??? You are not suppose to get them wet when they start to flower???? Noob here. Seriously? Cr*p... mine are planted outside and 4 foot tall. So what about dew? Or just rain. I’m building a cover for them but won’t be ready for a week. They are just forming the buds. Help please. Don’t mean to hijack this thread. Sorry

Mine are and have been since June, planted in the ground outside, no greenhouse. Do you mean force the entire plant over and tie it to a stake at 45? It’s been rain cats and dogs on and off for about 2 weeks. Been reading tons in the grow section and never came across this. Thanks

Attachments

• E7F8C3A4-33D9-4F11-9C56-E02A3A7B61FE.jpeg
    E7F8C3A4-33D9-4F11-9C56-E02A3A7B61FE.jpeg
    581.9 KB · Views: 38
I am not the right person to answer you but I will tell you my husband was careless when he watered our autoflowering plants and they started to mold the buds. He was watering from above, I always water at the base. The ones he did not water had beautiful buds and the one in particular he watered from above molded even though it was hot and dry. We are learning!

Back
Top Bottom