From Manhattan NYC

Dave NYC

Hi,

I'm Dave from New York City. In the late 70's through the mid 80's, marijuana was very cheap and very easy to buy. In my neighborhood they'd have various holes in walls, doors, empty stores, vacant buildings, etc;. They sold Tre' Bags ($3 bags) and Nickel bags. They came in mini folded manilla envelopes with a piece of scotch tape to keep it closed. So, if 3 people had $1 each...you could get a fat Tre' bag and roll several spliffs (blunts came later on). The weed was weed, you had to clean it to get the seeds out. But, all in all a single joint got 3 people stoned.

It seems the cops didn't even care about weed because in that era there was real crime going on and they were after hard drug spots, not reefer spots.

Anyhow, I haven't been in trouble with illicit drugs in over 20 years. I have a full grown daughter and a good women. We live with my mother that suffers from MS. We help care for her.

It's getting very difficult for her to walk and we've tried everything. Except for Cannabis. We got Miranol. But, that made her very confused, it was too strong. My mom is old fashion and even though she smokes nasty cigarettes. She will not smoke marijuana. I'm in desperate need to help her and I've heard that cannabis helps MS patients.

Getting weed is not a problem, being it's only a civil offense. People are more open with it. I take my nightly toke or two and relax. But, I want to find out what THC can do for MS and how I can convince my mom to take it, either in editable or non-smokable ways. Perhaps, I can get some help here.

PS, I had forgotten I made a few posts on the welcome thread awhile back. But, I'm back to reintroduce myself. :)

:welcome: Dave NYC to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
It sounds like edibles might be something you can look into for your mother.
I recommend starting a grow journal, if a grower, so our most experienced growers can find and assist you! Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana, Everything You Need to Know!
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!

Greenest Regards, :green_heart: :Namaste:
Beateo

Thanks for the info. I'm actually not looking to be a grower. Plus, I live in a Manhattan apartment. I have a few friends in my building that sell all types of high grade weed at a pretty inexpensive price.

I'm looking more to help my mother, as she's getting older and her MS is causing her walking to become more and more difficult. I want to see if there's anything that can help her mobility issues with perhaps concentrates, tinctures and edibles.

I don't know how to make or use weed in that manner. But, I'll look around the forum.

Back
Top Bottom