GA: Local Parents Use Cannabis Oil To Treat Son With Autism

Katelyn Baker

Columbus, Ga. — A local family is doing whatever it takes to help their son who's fighting autism.

For the past eight months they've been treating him with cannabis oil.

WRBL's Ashley Lewis is following up with the family to find out if they've seen significant progress in their cannabis journey.

Dale Jackson's 8 year old son Colin has autism.

Autism is a developmental disorder that impairs the ability to communicate and interact.

Jackson tells us that's why he turned to cannabis oil to treat his son.

Jackson said, "Began to hear about other children or autistic children around the country that had seen positive benefits."

Colin's grandmother, Nan Jackson, says she's seen positive changes since using the oil, "He's so funny, his expressions and his eye contact.. I really have noticed a world of difference."

Although Colin can't verbally communicate, he speaks through his actions.

Nan said, "He comes walking out and comes to the kitchen table and just sits there and then he looks at me. He doesn't say a word, but his message is nana it's lunch time."

"When he embraces me he doesn't say that I love you daddy, but he's saying I love you daddy and as a parent that's what we so desperately need," said Dale.

Dale says he's hoping in 2017, the Georgia Legislature will pass laws allowing cannabis oil which will give thousands of autistic parents a legal way to treat their children.

Dale says, "I guarantee you, that if you find somebody who knows a little bit about it, that person can help put you in contact with someone who can help you."

Until then, parents in need will have to take advantage of the internet for help.

Capture161.PNG

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Local Parents Use Cannabis Oil To Treat Son With Autism
Author: Staff
Photo Credit: wrbl

Back
Top Bottom