Georgia: 12 Medical Marijuana Bills Discussed At Stated House

Jacob Redmond

There were 12 medical marijuana bills discussed at the stated house Monday.

One of the bills discussed would allow medical marijuana into hospitals. The co-sponsor of the bill, Representative Diane Russell, says she's had parents come to her saying their kids were suffering in the hospital and needed that form of medicine.

Another bill, would allow surprise inspections of growers and caregivers. Legislators had mixed opinions on how the Department of Health and Human Services should go about the inspections

"I do think some version of inspections needs to happen to make sure folks are operating within the bounds of the law but I do not believe the DHHS committee has done a good job in rolling out an inspection system," Representative Russell said.

Senator Tom Saviello added: "I think DHHS should have the right to inspect. However, we have to remember these are growing plants and if they come in willy-nilly they can contaminate the growing space."

The president of Legalize Maine says they approve of inspections if dispensaries are treated in a similar manner as small businesses.

31687.JPG

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: 12 medical marijuana bills discussed at stated house - WGME - Portland ME Top Stories - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic
Author: Web Staff
Contact: About WGME - WGME - CBS 13 - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic - Portland ME
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: Home - WGME - CBS 13 - News, Sports, Weather, Traffic - Portland ME

Back
Top Bottom