Getting busted for electricity

Lemonflex

So the thing is, I want to do an indoor grow in a 2 bedroom flat with 2 600hps. With everything in the growroom on it's hitting about 1.4kw an hour(on 12/12) and not going over 100$ a month. Everything else is going to be shut down, only growroom running. I think it's ok, but am I really safe considering my neighbors usual power consumption is only 30-40$"? :Namaste:

You might be dating a crazy that likes to run the dryer all the time. Or you might be a nerd with computers. You might be growing weeds though.
You should consider that as long as you pay your bill, it should be okay, and it will be okay until they kick in your door and blow up your life.

If you are legal, then who cares?

on average the normal household in full uses 1000kw/hr per bedroom.. this includes kitchen,bathroom, ect.ect. if there are 4 bedrooms the avg per hour would be 4000kw/hr.. these numbers are based off of a full year of power consumption from the power company i use. (on their website).. but like frank said just pay the bill and you should be fine. try and alternate the lights so there is a constant energy drain not just a big spike for 12 hours a day.

I agree with the 1000kw/h per bendroom and paying bill on time is not a problem for me. But you know, I'm considering about better going with one 600w and not worying about bad things all the time, because safety is the priority for me and I think most of the people. And there are lots of information that medical growers are getting busted from time to time. :Namaste:

Chances are if they are looking at your electric usage they are on to you and just building a case.
The amount you use isn't the give away unless it's way over normal. Your timers are the give away.

Is there anyway you can get at least some sunlight in? Even a small window where you could move the plants into the sunny spot for at least a few hours?

I'm in California and we get plenty of good sun, but my temps are too low, so I'm inside. I could use the window to offset the lights if I wanted to, but I'm state legal.

Another idea, and I really don't know the usage numbers, but maybe you can use CLF or T5s for part of the grow. Mine are doing great with CFLs but I don't know how the elec usage would compare.

One other option is to use your car battery and a power inverter. Invest in some spare batteries, charge them using your car, use them to run the power inverter for a few hours (however long they last). If you get 4 hours, that'll cut the bill by a 1/3. I have no clue how long they would last, but you could get 2nd hand batteries and go from one to the other. Kind of a pain, but you could run a cord from your car to the grow room for a few hours a day.

Another option is a generator, you can convert a regular gas generator to run off propane and use that for running the lights and if it has enough power, charge up RV type car batteries and run the power inverter. This might get you several hours of lights...

Just thinking out loud...

Appreciated on this small one. I had done a lot of research on the gasoline generators in the past cause I was interested in the commercial growing but it's not worth for me considering what would I get if I was busted.
I better go with a small grow for myself and going for the best potency :goodjob:

Some folks buy clear LED Christmas Lights. Put them in the window and run them a few hours at night. They use almost 0 energy but they look like they do. People see them running and think to themselves, Wow, They must have a big electric bill. If you just use 1 600 and a couple 4' flouro grow fixtures verticle in your grow area, I doubt you will be using enough to raise any flags. People have Aquarims that use that much. Add ceiling fans and about anything else and you are there. Fact is, The people that get caught for power consumption are growing many plants with many lights. 2cents

Back
Top Bottom