Getting rid of smell?

JunkYard

I haven't started growing indoors 'yet', and I'm on a fairly tight budget, so my question is: How do you prevent your grow from smelling up the entire house, and in a cheap, but 'effective' way? I can't have my home smelling like weed, maybe isolated to one room, but not outside of it. Too many people come to see me, and I'll need to protect my investment, and definately keep the smell away from my visiting family members. . . They just wouldn't understand, lol!

Also, maybe I could get some advise on how to setup/build a grow room. I'll be starting from scratch, no closets! I'll only be growing a few plants at a time, and no separate veg room. Just one room for the entire grow . . . Maybe four, or five plants. It will be a Sativa dominate strain, and I'll need to know about how tall I should make the room . . .width and length, too.

Thanks,

JunkYard

Aren't ionizers kinda expensive? Where can I get a cheaper one? I've heard about carbon filters before, but not sure how to set all this up in the room./shrug

Help is appreciated!

Glad to help.. and let me know what works best for you b/c I am going to start my 'garden' in a month or two, but I have been doing tons of research.

Also check into getting CO2 for your room so that the plants have enough oxygen to promote better growth..

Thanks again, shavosgrrl! I decided that the cfm on the scrubber you linked me to isn't enough for my projected grow space. I need good ventilation to keep the room cool with a constant supply of fresh air.

I cheked out some carbon filters, and they're kinda expensive, too. I may have to put my grow off until I can do it right.

Anything worth doing, is worth doing right, right?

Hey hey hey. Have u seen the new high times if so that can help u if not ill help u they have this section on how to help growers and this week u are lucky. It shows how to make ur own carbon filter cheap cheap. So if u want help with that pm or just let me know here.

Thanks, bro!

I was thinking about buying one, but building one for cheap, cheap sounds pretty damn good! Do you think a homemade one would be as effective? I'm not sure how humid my room is going to be yet, and I wonder how well a homemade one would handle humidity. I found a carbon filter at an on-line hydro shop that is effective up to 80% humidity, but it was expensive./sigh

I'll pick up the new issue of High Times, and chek it out, though. It might be a winner! I hate to trouble you when all I need do is buy a magazine. If I need help with it, I'll PM you since you offered, o.k?

Thanks again . . .

Back
Top Bottom