Room smells but buds don’t

Grandma Weedstein

So I’ve been drying a couple plants I harvested roughly 1-1.5 weeks ago and the room smells like dank but the buds don’t really smell like anything. I generally keep the room at about 75 F just like the rest of the house. The buds maybe have a mild hay smell, mild weed smell but the room smells more. How should this influence my thinking in terms of when to start curing?

The terps gas off through the day, get a cheap reptile rh gauge for a few bucks. Put it in a jar filled half way with bud. Take your reading after a few hours.

where are you g'ma ?

cdn tire has cheap rh meters. can be off by as much as 10% though, but not hard to figger once used to them.

i've jarred both a bit dry and a bit wet. if not too far off after the hang, both can be worked out great in the cure, with bovedas and an rh meter. have had hay(ish) weed completely change in the cure. i have hard hang drying conditions, so i work loads out in the cure.

You get a feel for it after a few grows.

i depend on long cures.

but the truth is, i'm praying for a target rh range, with enough hang time to allow me to work it out in the jars.
i've gotten decent cures with as little as three days hang.

i work with what i 'm given.

I have never encountered such a problem since I have never grown this crop on my own. It seems to me that the foreign smell as you described is quite typical for this. If you are concerned about the fact that something smells in the room, then you can use special tools that remove the odors of cigarettes; I think they cope with an extensive range of aromas. I have used Smoke Neutralizer Spray when faced with some unpleasant odors, so you can be sure that this is an effective remedy. I would like to know which kind of product you use since I plan to do this as well in the future. Many thanks for considering my request.

1664489800984.png

Back
Top Bottom