Help weed not smelling

Rasta1993

Bull dog weed not smelling 1 week into curing / burping and doesn’t really smell like weed I dried with a ran moving around the room with a radiator on 24 degrees??

image.jpg

image.jpg

Either dried too fast...which will smell/taste like hay, or the plant just has weak terps. Grew some sour cheese.....one had big pretty buds, but no terps. Her sister stunk like a sour tire.

i got some gorilla glue that smells like industrial cleaner. got a head cold right now and can't smell a damn thing but everytime i open the jar it still overpowers me :p

@Rasta1993 - try get some small hygrometers that fit in the jar. you want the weed hitting the jars at 62% rh or a touch higher. i like it about 65%. then burp the jars for 2 - 4 wks as the rh comes down. once it is stable at 62%, jar it tight and leave it sealed for a month. at the end of the month it is ready.

you can use bovedas to help smooth the process out, but they will take some of the terps if you do. i use them and don't mind, mostly because i store weed sometimes 2+ yrs.

It might also be a case of getting a bit "nose blind" to the smell. I thought what I grew the past summer didn't have much of a scent, but I was at it everyday and eventually just got immune to the smell! Every time I opened the jars to burp, I couldn't smell hardly anything but my wife would know instantly and she was upstairs.......

Some variant(s) of Covid will take your sense of smell and taste away. Happened to me – very scary, but was only temporary; although I'm not sure my sense of smell came back 100%. I've experienced my share of viruses, just like everyone else (flu, common cold, etc.) I've never encountered one like this... basically no other symptoms except loss of smell and taste. Definitely made me feel it was created in a lab.

weed not smelling 1 week into curing / burping and doesn’t really smell like weed
When something similar would happen to any of my harvests I stopped opening the jar every day. That way any moisture still left in the buds or any of the short pieces of stems can stay behind keeping the weed from getting even drier. It might work for your harvest.

Hi I’ll be honest buds don’t really smell think I dryed them too fast
Most likely drying too fast is a big part of the problem...bigger than over drying. Since I started growing weed 6 years ago I quickly learned to avoid being in a hurry to get the buds to dry out as quickly as possible. What worked for me was to leave the buds on the stick and put it in paper bags. Then I put the bags in an out of the way spot where the temperatures stayed mild, about 70 to 74 F or 25 C. I would check every couple of days and after awhile would start checking once a day. About 2 weeks later I took them out of the bag and put the buds, still on the sticks, into the jars and opened them every other day as mentioned earlier until I felt that they had dried out enough to roll or pack a bowl.

It is possible that some of the "smell" will slowly start to come back. Could take a month or even half a year but it does not hurt to try.

Now-a-days I work with the 'low and slow in the fridge" method. Takes even longer but the smoke is smooth and no more coughing our lungs out.

... mostly because i store weed sometimes 2+ yrs.
Yesterday afternoon I lit up a 'joint' that had been rolled with weed from the plant I grew the summer of 2017. It certainly did not have the 'buzz' yesterday or even in '17 of some of the stuff I have grown the past couple of years but it certainly was smooth and nicely aged.;).

Back
Top Bottom