Dank vs Hay Smell

The hay smell a lot of times comes from trimming while the plant is still wet. its best to dry the plant with all the leaves intact, and trim after its dried.

A nice slow dry is best, higher humidity, cool temps and let them slowly dry.

I used to get the hay smell all the time when I "wet trimmed". I found out this has a lot to do with cutting the leaves before the plant is dry.

If the plants dry too quickly this also can lead to the hay smell.
Thanks for your opinion, its day 6 and nearly all the buds were dry on the outside and some that were still a bit sticky ive put in paper bags to get rid of the extra moisture. Temps have been sitting around 16 17c and humidity has been around 55% so not too bad

Thanks for your opinion, its day 6 and nearly all the buds were dry on the outside and some that were still a bit sticky ive put in paper bags to get rid of the extra moisture. Temps have been sitting around 16 17c and humidity has been around 55% so not too bad

throw some in a jar with a hygrometer. check it periodically for a few hours. you want it in the jars sub 70% rh but not under 62%. you need some head room rh to burp and cure.

you can take the bud out if the rh is way too high and let it dry in the paper bag in the fridge for a bit then retry.

throw some in a jar with a hygrometer. check it periodically for a few hours. you want it in the jars sub 70% rh but not under 62%. you need some head room rh to burp and cure.

you can take the bud out if the rh is way too high and let it dry in the paper bag in the fridge for a bit then retry.
Exactly what Ive done 😁 thanks man

Exactly what Ive done thanks man

you can toss a 62% boveda in there to help even stuff out as well.

lotsa old school guys don't like using them for the burp as they can tone down the terps. they are a great tool for newer guys though, as they even stuff out a bit during the burp and cure. they won't help if too far dry or too far wet though, they have a range.

Back
Top Bottom