Gnats

Rev. Nuggs

Hey I am currently 4 weeks into flower and just found some gnat's buzzing all around.
What should I do to get rid of them. I have some neem but I have read that you shouldn't use it that far into flowering.
Can I just spray the top of soil and not the plant it's self to kill the larva and if so will it still mess with the smell and taste in the finale product through root absorption.
Thank's:peace:

what kind of soil are you using?

i only have a few guesses... maybe stir up the top layer each day to mess up their tunnels...or add a fresh layer on top to bury them. kneem on the roots sounds like it wont be too bad if you just hit the top layer of soil and not too many roots but it may be nasty as hell.

if the plants are looking fine maybe just deal with it til harvest...??

Thanks Flurple
The soil is called Pro mix from a local hardware store. But yea the plant's look great and developing nicely :ganjamon:
I will just mess with the soil a bit.
What about covering the soil with clay pellets?
Could that detour the gnat's from laying there egg's?
Thank's again.. :peace:

they would probably be able to get between the pellets but a layer of sand may work well... the grains are heavy and wont allow them to burrow in and make tunnels or lay eggs... i think...

when i had some plants in miracle grow soil i had the same problem. the stuff is like mud, doesnt drain well, and when it gets full of roots that stuff is perfect for em. i just ignored it cuz i was new to growin and had bigger problems

I got the same problem and neem only slows them down. I been using MG potting soil because its not heavy. Whats a good soil and where does one go to get it? Wheres the bugs even coming from.....the potting soil?

I use open containers of water (cut the tops of gal milk jugs and fill with water) around my plants for humidity, very dry here, but the gnats drown in these containers, so serves two purposes : )

Use any good garden pestiside, one I used to use said veggies could be eaten the next day. Or just take a table spoon of powedered garlic, pour it into a quart of water, let stand for a day or so, and strain into yer spray bottle, add a couple drops of dish soap, shake 'n' spray. This mix may be used everyday or every other day. I've used this for several years, there are more complicated recipes out there but I like to keep things simple. One may harvest the next day if ya wish, but waiting till the little buggers are dead makes more sense.>)

Back
Top Bottom