Going to Jamaica!

Crookedfinger

Not sure if this is the right place for this post but it seems like the most appropriate. I'm going on holiday to Jamaica soon and am wondering what the protocol on non-jamaicans enjoying some cannabis while there is? I've heard it's pretty laid back there regarding cannabis but it is still technically illegal. I'm just not to fond of the idea of jail in a foreign country. I think it goes without saying that I'm not planning on traveling there or back with anything that could possibly cause any problems with customs or local police. Basically I just want to know if it's cool to partake in the local customs of my destination. Thanks for any advice and input.:ganjamon:

Re: Going to Jamaica!!

my relatives recently went to jamaica and upon getting back i heard that it's best not to light up anywhere in public for visitors, they said they found some street market and bought a pipe from a vender and asked him to fill it for them and he did, they bought several pipes from the same guy during their week long stay all got filled with purchase and all got discarded when empty. they also said that before they made it outside of the airport there were people asking if they wanted to buy some ganja and that sometimes the police do that

hey there crook- yer in for a high time. i go there for a week every winter. in negril they have signs up on the beach its so open. everybody sells "pineapple kush" no matter what it looks or taste like. they dry and cure that stuff for about 5 days, so its still wet. remember to bring a cheap throw away pipe and some papers. Where ya staying? most times your bus driver will approach you. if i'm in a different area, i always ask the bellboy who brings my luggage and they can usually hook ya up.

hey there crook- yer in for a high time. i go there for a week every winter. in negril they have signs up on the beach its so open. everybody sells "pineapple kush" no matter what it looks or taste like. they dry and cure that stuff for about 5 days, so its still wet. remember to bring a cheap throw away pipe and some papers. Where ya staying? most times your bus driver will approach you. if i'm in a different area, i always ask the bellboy who brings my luggage and they can usually hook ya up.
Thanks for the info Jammie. :thanks: Is it best to take the pipe and papers or purchase them there. Haven't booked anything yet. I went to Montego Bay when I was a kid and oblivious to my surroundings, so didn't really pay attention to the finer things in life. Any suggestions on destinations or resorts?

hey crook- my wife and i love adult only all-inclusives like Sandals and the Riu ( more international). the adult only resorts are allot more tolerant of open smoking on the beach and in negril its all but legal. montego bay and ocho rios beaches aren't as nice as negril. i usually buy sneak a tokes by the half dozen for $4-5. take a clean one on vacation, then gift it or throw away. pipes and papers are more expensive than the pot.

The only time I went, the lifeguard at my hotel gave me a spliff the first day, seemed to always have something when I wanted the rest of the stay too, but don't remember from where. Just stay out of sight with it in public.

im going to Jamaica as well.. glad to have found this information. we are going to Sandals Whitehouse, just down the coast from Negril.. Are there any good headshops to visit in that area?

just google up info MDVL. wassup yall! i just wanted to recall when i found these pictures of some dude filled to the top with bud in his bathtub. he couldnt take it across into the states though, but still pretty cool picture. now, im not sure if he was in jamaica but i think the bud was mad cheap for the quantity, and about quality, well i cant remember that.

i forgot where i got the picture from though.

im going to Jamaica as well.. glad to have found this information. we are going to Sandals Whitehouse, just down the coast from Negril.. Are there any good headshops to visit in that area?

went to Whitehouse 2 yrs ago. beautiful beach and resort but very isolated. no towns nearby. but no worries man! several of the watersport staff sell ok commercial grade. never be afraid to ask resort staff especially bellboys, watersport crew or towel guys- one of the three either deals or will get it for you. usually the dealer will find you if ya just stroll up and down the beach in the late afternoon around 4pm. the price usually starts around $80 for a bag but quickly comes down to $30 because i never carry more than that.

Back
Top Bottom