Good deal? or am I getting duped?

Ziminy

I have been buying seeds from SeedMadness.com. After comparing them to 15 other places, I found that they often sell seeds cheaper than the website that makes the seeds. Some of the most popular seed banks that I see mentioned most are double and sometimes triple the price.

I feel I have been getting a great deal on seeds, but I have never seen Seed Madness mentioned on any lists of seed banks or websites. And I've spent many hours looking at seed bank ratings and reviews.

Am I somehow getting crap seeds and don't know it? Or did I just get lucky and find a relatively unknown seed bank that has great prices?

The seeds I buy arrive in the original makers envelopes. So I assume they are the same seeds other sites are selling, but maybe I'm not experienced enough in buying yet to understand.

For example: Is there a reason one website would sell 10 Purple Kush seeds for $24 and another for $78 (of the same brand)?

Do you get the seeds in original breeder packs?
If not they may have been bought in bulk and package by the vender, or you could be getting ripped-off!
You can trust our sponsors who sell seeds, why go anywhere else. :grinjoint:
:peacetwo:

How do you know they are the original breeders packs?

If you have never seen this place mentioned, that didn't cause ?????????

Hope not, but it sure sounds like you are being scammed.

If it's too good to be true ...............

DD

Well, they come in breeder packs. Yes, I guess I have no idea what the legitimate ones look like, so I guess they could fake them and how would I know?

I didn't know there were forums like this or I would have asked someone. When I first started buying seeds, I just picked based on selection, ease of ordering and price. Thinking a lot about the professional quality of each website. And finally, the little voice in my head, told me to try this one.

I'm not experienced enough to tell by the plant that comes from this. I have grown a large Mango to be a mother plant to practice cloning, but how would I know if it's really a Mango? Maybe it's an AK47 or maybe it's ditch weed.

I did not originally realize there were hundreds if not thousands of places to buy seeds. If it was the first time I was buying seeds again, I would probably pick a more well-known place, but they have provided great service and I love how the site is laid out. Should I just dump them when I don't actually know there is anything wrong?

I hate the feeling that I may have gotten duped, but I also hate to be disloyal if they are a legitimate enterprise. Well, and I don't want to pay a shitload more for seeds either. heheheh

For sure I wouldn't dump them.

If nothing else, practice your cloning and growing techniques. They ARE paid for, and most experience is gained from killing plants. No slam, that's just the way most experience is gained.:smokin:

After 30+ years of growing, I still kill plants, just not as often.:grinjoint:

Flower out some of the clones, that will be the true test of the quality, not the name of the strain.

You might be pleasantly surprised and have something worth keeping on your hands.

DD

I have been buying seeds from SeedMadness.com. After comparing them to 15 other places, I found that they often sell seeds cheaper than the website that makes the seeds. Some of the most popular seed banks that I see mentioned most are double and sometimes triple the price.

For example: Is there a reason one website would sell 10 Purple Kush seeds for $24 and another for $78 (of the same brand)?

1st off.... you need to make specific and fair comparisons if you going to question ethics and pricing..... and make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Are you certain you are comparing the same exact quanities... some resellers/wholesalers sell, 3/6/9/10/12 units... are you comparing the same exact quantities? and the same exact breeders seeds? Not Names like Purple Kush... but ABC Purple Kush to ABC Purple Kush???? And not ABC Purple Kush to ABC Purple Kush Fem?

These people are in business... You have no idea what deals seedmadness may or may not have worked out with different breeders. You have no idea what quantities/price per unit they are buying/paying for seeds with individual breeders. You have no idea how any of the companies you are comparing are structured or what types of overhead (storage facilities, advertising, employees, profit margins, guarantees) any of the companies have. As an example.. One company be working out of a house with nothing more than a refrigerator as their storage facility... another company may employ 2 or 3 or more employees full or partime... Anther may advertise in HT or some other magazine... There are many possibilities... if you comparing seed resellers to other seed resellers... prices may/will vary greatly at times, and they each sell for what they believe the market will bare... supply and demand... its why sometimes seed sellers give discounts over winter months.... Different overheads, different profit margins... Low Profit High volume... lower volume higher profit.... different companies need to sell a different number of units/month to break even based on so many variables....

Some resellers charge more - alot of resellers have loyal followers that will go to them no matter if they charge a few dollars more because they are happy with the services/guarantees provided - service and guarantees have added value.

Now... I would only raise a question in pricing if say... so as not to mention any specific breeder - ABC Breeders are selling their ABC Blend for 78euros/10 and seedmadness was selling ABC Breeders ABC Blend for 24euros/10 that would be a lil suspect.

And currently... at the time of this posting...I don't see seedmadness listed as a current sponsor.

Yes, apples to apples, sorry if I didn't make that more clear. I did not want to mention any breeder names in case you have rules. I originally was going to leave out the website name as well, but saw that others regularly mention them, so I figured that was okay.

And yes, in some cases it is ABC Breeders are selling their ABC Blend for 78euros/10 and seedmadness was selling ABC Breeders ABC Blend for 24euros/10. Some are priced the same as other sites too (within a dollar or two). But most seem to be in the 20-30% discount range.

Also, I understand business. I really just wanted to know if I should be worried. I was hoping someone else might have heard of them. Clearly, that is not the case. I'll judge based on the end product. I love gardening. I will have fun watching them all grow up whatever the outcome. =)

I did not want to mention any breeder names in case you have rules. I originally was going to leave out the website name as well, but saw that others regularly mention them, so I figured that was okay.

And yes, in some cases it is ABC Breeders are selling their ABC Blend for 78euros/10 and seedmadness was selling ABC Breeders ABC Blend for 24euros/10. Some are priced the same as other sites too (within a dollar or two). But most seem to be in the 20-30% discount range.

Also, I understand business. I really just wanted to know if I should be worried. I was hoping someone else might have heard of them. Clearly, that is not the case. I'll judge based on the end product. I love gardening. I will have fun watching them all grow up whatever the outcome. =)

Seedmadness is a sponsor... or atleast is a sponsor sometimes??? They just aren't listed as a sponsor on the sponsor page at the moment for some reason.....

I responded to your posting in the manner I did because you asked if there was a reason why.... so I was offering up possible likely reasons.

I am not certain about the rules... but I don't think it is against the rules to mention breeders and/or specific strains... say for example.. Mandala's Satori. But it would be against the rules to recommend buying Satori from say.... ABC seeds a non-sponsoring business. This is to allow those companyies that are sponsoring and keeping this site alive and healthy the best chance at our communities' business....Atleast I think that is how it works.... or is atleast in the spirit in which the rules are created, I believe...

I am not certain about the rules... but I don't think it is against the rules to mention breeders and/or specific strains... say for example.. Mandala's Satori. But it would be against the rules to recommend buying Satori from say.... ABC seeds a non-sponsoring business. At least I think that is how it works....

Groovy, that makes total sense.

Seedmadness is a sponsor... or at least is a sponsor sometimes?

YAY! I guess that means they are legit, AND I'm using a sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom