Got a real problem,panic!

albertgrow123

i am currently two weeks into flower,my temps are always quite high due to climate,i am currently watering every two days 300ml a plant,when i come in to look in the mornings the plants are very wilted,sad looking,the humidity is very low,temp was 30.am i underwatering or overwatering,im struggling here,is there any cheap way to raise humidity etc....co2 is present in grow,shame because buds look good.

please someone help:thanks:

Re: got a real problem,panic!!!

Temp was 30.? so, 90 ish F that is pretty warm, with low humidity that is gonna be stressful for sure. Depends what type of grow room you have there, I mean if it is a small one, or reasonably so, simply some wet towels draped over a hanger or something will raise the humidity, but if I were you I would look to get the temp down as well, into the mid to low 80s anyway. Wilting can also be due to over or under watering, guess is, hot dry climate, it's evaporating like **** they are thirsty, hot, dry. Can you get any more air in, fresh cooler air in particular.

hi proffesor,thanks for your reply,the space is only a 1.0x1.0x2.0 metre space,what i did was to water the plants a 3oo ml ph water in between the cycle,they perked up straight away,and humidity rose to 33 deegrees,i am really struggling to keep heat down,it is only towards end of cycle say from 4 to 6 in morning to ten,12/12 at night period,but them 4 hours are warm man,so would this suggest to give more water,instead of watering every two days should i water every day,will try the towel trick,just ordered a humidifier,i am with power plant,and have not even grown beyond two foot,is this also heat atributed,loads of bud sites,weird with the heat,i have 2 x 4" fans running,1x 4" inch outtake!!!!!,also 2x oscilating fans.:thanks:

all this help is brilliant my friend:thanks:

At least ya' ain't gota' worry about mites with that low a humidity%.

What are you growing in? dirt or water ?

Do they perk when the lights are off? in your dark cycle?

What are your dark cycle temps?
Those are the most important in flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:

hi damagoman,wow im shocked at temps v.high in darkness,first time i have looked as did not want to disturb,here they are-growing in canna pro plus,temp-27.6,humidity 27%.shit thats quite disturbing!!!t6hey are perky though!!!!

will change set up round,let ya know how i get on!!!!!!!!,in the mean time any advice or direction,would be most helpful.:thanks:

Ok albertgrow man, lot of info from you which is great, I,m turning stuff over in my head right now:grinjoint: Ok, yes, I think you should water more often and adjust the amounts accordingly depending on your watering plan. What will obviously be happening is the water is transpiring away like whoa! So the 300 ml you are adding is probably being reduced by a significant amount due to the plant trying to keep cool as best as possible. You will prob find that your'e nutes may then become more concentrated, any idea of your e.c.? probably academic anyway, it will have gone up from what you are aiming at. And yes your'e right that's why it is slow to grow, it is expending all it's energy in trying to keep cool! Under the circumstances you might need to up the water amount to compensate for what you are losing. Still, that is one thing, the heat is the problem. Obvious question, you haven't got some where else to put them have you! Nah, stupid question, you would have done that by now. There is some benefit in making sure there is plenty through flow amongst the plants foliage. Any fan leaves at the bottom, that may be looking a bit peaky could be removed to facilitate better airflow. But don't go mad, remember the fan leaves are the lungs of the plant, and if you go to far, then it will be detrimental to the plant, rather than helping. Actually, the next part will probably be your best option, and your fan leaves can be spared. The fan you are using, you could set one up, or the same one so it is blowing over some cooled water, if you keep a supply of freezer blocks, the type used for camping and hiking, stick them into the cold water, and that should help immensley, both temp and humidity in fact. Just change the blocks every so often, depends on water temp, you will be able to figure out when the water starts to rise in temp again.

If this helps, and I hope you can somehow fit this into the area, or somehow get the cooled air into the grow space, just be creative. What is the wattage of the lamp? although in dark period you just wrote the temps are high, so the heat isn't getting out then, or the fans are pushing, or pulling hot air in to the grow area, you could fit one of these cool tubes shades, but that is more expense of course. Have a think about this so far, the cooled water is usually a good option, your humidifier, does it have a cooler facility? you could still chill the water though some how, get some ice into the reservoir, or a pack if it fits, how about that, and a fan blowing in to the space over a container of cooled water? :peace::smokin:

hi mate,wow what a proper reply,thats what i was looking for.....well the situation is this...went in there and watered a further 300 ml,as if every day now,seemed to really like temp was 75 deegrees,humid 45% with the extra water,just for good measure i soakeed a pair of boxers and hung them to roof of grow,see how that works,what a good idea with the ice......brilliant,i am currently sucking air of tiles,prob too warm,think my fans are set up wrong,maybe!!!!!!,thing is its not a massive grow!!!,not too much to get a slap on the wrists for,just personal use,but a mate is growing my plant,and is mahoosive,but success is a fickle thing,like squeezing blood out of stone,is one way to put it!!!!!!,will keep in formed,will send pics

once again,thanks my freind,top man,excellent reply:thanks::grinjoint:

:winkyface: No problem once you get the set up right, it will be a lot easier, just a matter of tweaking here and there, I'm fortunate I have a cellar, although having said that, bigger space, more tweaks needed! Still, I suppose that's all part of the challenge and fun of it.

Btw.I have a mental image of two drippig wet Boxer dogs hanging in your grow space slowly spinning around, looking decidedly pissed off and murderous!!:rofl: But that is just my weird sense of humour!
Hope things improve for you, :ciao:

ha ha,yeah my boxers are getting a real work out!!!!!!temps are down.well for now humid is up,looking good my friend..........for now??????????

High Albert. I've used canna in the past. I could not water enough by hand, so I swithched to a continuous drip feed constantly while the lights were on. Much easier for me. Since the coco doesn't readily absorb water, overwatering shouldn't be an issue, and it wasn't. When my temps get real high and I've lowered them as much as I can, I up my CO2 and they seem to at least grow a little. I figure they're too busy trying to stay cool to grow. I'm not sure if that is valid yet, but it seems to work for me. You'll have it tweaked in no time. Good luck!

At least ya' ain't gota' worry about mites with that low a humidity%.

What are you growing in? dirt or water ?

Do they perk when the lights are off? in your dark cycle?

What are your dark cycle temps?
Those are the most important in flowering :cheesygrinsmiley:
Actually you have it backwards. Mites love and seek out a low humidity enviroment. The first form of treatment is to increase humidity to make their time in the room uncomfortable. Another treatment is to spray with straight water...why?...because mites hate moisture.

:popcorn::popcorn:........never one answer is one mans saviour,ha ha,aint that the truth???dont chop me up and feed me to the poor,but i thought higher temps reverse mites,got to stop thinking out loud,might explain all the broken bones???????/:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom