Governor Schwarzenegger Invites Debate On Marijuana

After a poll showed that 56% of Californians support the legalization to marijuana, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-Cali) has invited an open debate on the issue.

The governor spoke to reporters on the issues of legalizing pot, which has been a hot button topic more then ever these last months, with skyrocketing support for new legislation sweeping the nation.

“I think it’s time for debate,” Schwarzenegger said during a press conference.

“I think all of those ideas of creating extra revenues….I’m always for an open debate on it.”

The fact that legalization could create billions of dollars has not been lost on politicians during this time of financial crisis. According to calculations, a $50 an ounce tax on pot could create up to $1.3 billion a year for California alone.

This is the first time in US history that legalization seems like it could be just around the corner, with more politicians from both sides of the fence stepping forward to question the wisdom of the current outdated laws.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: ChattahBox News Blog
Author: Olivia
Copyright: 2009 ChattahBox News Blog
Website: Governor Schwarzenegger Invites Debate On Marijuana

Back
Top Bottom