'Grandpa Pot' Ray McFeters Facing Prison Sentence For Growing Marijuana

Truth Seeker

For years, 73-year-old Ray McFeters has been growing his own marijuana to sustain his 30-bowl-a-day diet. Unfortunately, the authorities have finally caught up with him.

According to Message Media, McFeters was charged on June 6 in Atkin County District Court with possession or distribution of more than 42 grams of marijuana and failure to attach tax stamps to the plants. McFeters, though he admits to growing pot, says he had nowhere near the amount he is charged with and has never been a distributor, either.

"I never have enough for myself," he said.

The criminal complaint filed in court, however, claims he had "not a small amount" in his possession at the time of his arrest – 22 plants, to be exact, that were in different stages of growth. McFeters claims that only two of his plants were actually ready to be harvested, and so he was technically only in possession of less than an ounce.

The complaint totals McFeters' possession at 175 grams, which is more than enough to convict him of the felony charges he is facing.

"Yeah, I grew a few plants," McFeters explained. "I thought I was doing good by not supporting the cartels and everything like that."

"Only two of the plants were almost ready for harvest, a week or two away," McFeters continued, saying that when the officer came by without a warrant, McFeters showed him into the basement anyway and admitted to growing the plants. "He stuffed all the plants in plastic bags and weighed everything — the leaves, the stems, even the dirt on the roots."

Despite the felony charges McFeters is facing, as noted by News Talk Florida,, he has been a stand-up citizen his whole life. He is currently a retired computer programmer and lives with his wife Patty, who supports his habit, on the shore of Mille Lacs Lake. McFeters learned programming while serving in the United States Air Force during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and was honorably discharged in 1964.

According to his wife, McFeters does consume a lot of marijuana, but she says he much more manageable when he's high.

"The first time he got high I had my concerns, but he was so much better and calmer," Patty said. "When he smokes pot, he can live with himself and he can live with life. The demons in his head stay down."

While many elderly men usually kick back with beers, McFeters said he doesn't like alcohol.

"I tried it but it just made me sick," he said. "And you can't do computer programming when you're drunk, but boy, you can sure do it when you're stoned. After smoking pot my mind was like zippity-zippity-zippity. I was really good at my job."

Though guilty, McFeters said he doesn't have enough money to hire an attorney and will simply just head into court and explain himself.

"I can't afford it and I'm guilty," he said. "Are they really going to throw me in jail at my age with all my problems? Think of all the money they're going to have to spend on me. I just don't get it."

His first court date is scheduled for July 1.

Ray_McFeters.jpg

News Hawk- Truth Seeker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: opposingviews.com
Author: Heather Manes
Website: 'Grandpa Pot' Ray McFeters Facing Prison Sentence for Growing Marijuana

One question, who did the guy with the plastic baggies and zip ties think he was helping? Wonder if he or she will put 2 and 2 together when something horrible happens to them or someone they love. Karma is a bitch folks and when you do something like this to someone, be prepared for the full wrath. I didn't make the rules but I can assure you they are real.

Back
Top Bottom