GrasshopperLimps Northern Lights Regular Grow Journal

GrasshopperLimps

420 Member
Hi All,

Introduction

I started two weeks back after I tried multiple times in getting my all 3-4 years collection of bagseeds. I learnt that the seeds loose viability over the years as I was able to germinate them successfully two years back. I was only germinating them just for fun but never growing them. Until recently I had some time for myself to grow them and tried germinating the seeds.

I have been trying for months and the seeds pops and gets into a fungal infection and dies.

I almost gave up and got some seeds and just for sake I tried germinating. Surprise, out of 5, two germinated and even had roots as fresh and lengthy and thats when I realised my old collections are good for nothing anymore.

This time, instead of scraping the sprouts, I decided to grow. I was careless and I had my hopes high that I can get seeds anytime and grow them anytime. This time I didn't give any excuse.

I put the first sprout in an outdoor pot. It saw world in two days. The other one took some time.

Specifications
Lights
14w -6000k - two T shaped LEDs
20w - warm white - one bulb.

I started with one 14w for first week
Then introduced another 14w
Then introduced 20w warm white in second week end.

Substrate
Coco + red soil + vermi compost + perilte.

Pictures

This journal is about these two.

Northern_lights_regular_2_weeks.png

Hi All,

I started two weeks back after I tried multiple times in getting my all 3-4 years collection of bagseeds. I learnt that the seeds loose viability over the years as I was able to germinate them successfully two years back. I was only germinating them just for fun but never growing them. Until recently I had some time for myself to grow them and tried germinating the seeds.

I have been trying for months and the seeds pops and gets into a fungal infection and dies.

I almost gave up and got some seeds and just for sake I tried germinating. Surprise, out of 5, two germinated and even had roots as fresh and lengthy and thats when I realised my old collections are good for nothing anymore.

This time, instead of scraping the sprouts, I decided to grow. I was careless and I had my hopes high that I can get seeds anytime and grow them anytime. This time I didn't give any excuse.

I put the first sprout in an outdoor pot. It saw world in two days. The other one took some time.

This journal is about these two.

Northern_lights_regular_2_weeks.png
Looks like your off to a good start. Info on medium lights etc would help

Lights
14w -6000k - two T shaped LEDs
20w - warm white - one bulb.

I started with one 14w for first week
Then introduced another 14w
Then introduced 20w warm white in second week end.

Substrate
Coco + red soil + vermi compost + perilte.

Moved the big one to a bigger pot today.
Moved.big.one.to.new.PNG

Back
Top Bottom