Greetings & Legalizing Marijuana

EdwardChase

Right on to the dude beginning to grow the White Widow and Amsterdam Indica! I can no longer grow; I now am a disbarred attorney. But, I do take LEGALIZING MARIJUANA very seriously and do everything I can to assist our fight. My name is Edward Chase and I live in Carefree, Arizona. Arizona is attempting to get enough signatures for another VOTE on the next Election Day to have Medical MARIJUANA LEGAL. If you are either interested in helping LEGALIZE MARIJUANA or are already involved; it would be really cool to hear from you.

Or if you are a "Messenger of Mother Nature" 420 girl and like to get baked in AZ that would be very cool too! Please don't be a stranger!

High Edward,

Great to have you on the boards. We've got an Arizona forum here Arizona - 420 Magazine

We've also got a legal forum where people post their problems. Sure doesn't hurt having a JD around the boards ;) LEGAL DISCUSSIONS - 420 Magazine

Provided of course that this isn't any sort of violation of ethics or disbarment rules. I assume you're speaking as a highly knowledgeable private citizen as opposed to members believing you're functioning as their lawyer

Thanks for joining and welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

High Soniq420,

Thank you for the nice welcome. I would be happy to visit your legal forum and address some of the problems your members may have encountered or rights which may have been violated and make some helpful suggestions.

Too many people become arrested without cause because, they do not understand their legal right to deny an unwarranted requested search by a police officer or what in constitutes probable cause.

In my opinion, if someone is facing serious charges they should seek counsel from an attorney with a clear understanding of the laws as they apply to the State they have been arrested in.

I am glad to be on board Soniq420 and thanks for pointing out the Arizona forum as well.

Oh, did your read my reply to 420 Member; CharlieMopps "Freaking local cops" in your Legal discussion forum? His buddy got busted for having a pipe in his pocket and they took Charlie's collapsible baton. Lucky for them only a ticket was issued. And Thank You for the kind High5 welcome!

Charlie,

Your question, "He had no probable cause to do anything. Right?" I am assuming you are referring to the search the officer conducted in your car. That depends on whether the officer searched your car before or after he/she found your buddies pipe on him while frisking him for a weapon?

A police officer can confront you outside of your home and request you identify yourself. For the police officers safety he/she can perform a "weapons frisk" If the police officer feels, something that feels, like a weapon while you are being patted down. He or she can remove it and a pipe my have appeared as a weapon to the police officer. Esp. since you were possessing an baton. Remember, they are NOT able to remove anything other than a weapon and that includes contraband.

Next time leave your pipes and drugs in the house!!! And if you find yourself in a car put everything in the glove box and lock it. When the officer ask to search your car you say; "No I do NOT give permission for my car to be searched". He will ask why? Your Fourth Amendment protects you. Denial of a search is not grounds for probable cause!! And the less you say the better, the police officer is NOT your friend he is there to arrest you. No matter how pretty he or she smiles at you. Good Luck!

Right ON! It has been suggested and I agree, I disclose that I am “not dispensing pro bono legal advice in the capacity of a lawyer” or soliciting to be employed for the following suggestions. Which include any comments made to Mr. Charlie Mopps. Just one 420 dude looking out another! Thanks for the nice welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom