Grow closet

richgannon_2001

hey everyone, im getting ready to build my first grow closet......im thinking 5 feet by 5 feet and 6 feet tall......any ideas on what size HPS i would need for maybe 6-9 plants as well as how much ventilation is needed?? do these lights use an uncommon amount of electricity?

well i would get a 400watt hps to start with an then step it up if you feel the need.... yes these lights use alot of electricity but it will be worth it in the end.... good luck....

enough electricity to draw attention?? im figuring that ill be alrite cuz im in an apartment and i hear most are wired floor by floor so they cant exactly track it, plus when i build it everyone will be done using their A/C's so hopefully they dont notice the rise in electricity!! thanks for the info Local Boi

w/a 5x5 foot space, you could probably manage w/a 250 watt hps, but 6-9 plants is going to be a bit much in that space. Even if you weren't in a wiring situation like you say you are, a 400 watt bulb shouldn't draw any attention to your grow as long as you conserve electricity in other ways. ie... use low watt cfl's throughout your appartment, it you heat w/electric, keep the temps down, use candels... I'd be more worried about odor elimination.

Back
Top Bottom