Grow crashing - bugs, nutes, disease? Please help

radrichie61

I hope everybody is doing all right, well I’m tripping and freaking out please help. I have these plants going in the exact same spot as last year only they were in the ground last year and they grow bags this year. And yeah there’s a bunch of other things growing around them, but just two weeks ago everything was in good shape for the most part maybe three weeks ago. But here’s today and I can’t figure it out, I know Septoria is going everywhere, am I seeing rust mold, septoria, and nutrient burn? What the hell please help!

I know I am in a crowded place but I had too. I have been using Bonide liquid copper fungicide. Nutes are beanstalk absolute flower, Mother Earth flower, and cal mag. Beanstalk is a one time crf that blew up my grow in June and July. Everything else used on schedule. It has been raining it’s ass off all summer. Can you see anything that you can identify, is there hope? They seem to still be growing. Below are 9 current pics and 1 a while back.

8150A7DE-E9DD-4479-9526-7027EF25712B.jpeg

43C4919A-B42F-415D-A74F-CD909BC81E8F.jpeg

4BC6EC4C-1DF8-44B3-8516-D0813D5EDC65.jpeg

AE93DDB1-CB9F-4E56-B282-16220E50CDBF.jpeg

A92B0640-A03E-42C2-8985-A60E2A869B48.jpeg

8FC9AB59-07FC-4132-BCCB-39EC7725B8AB.jpeg

DFC37EE6-081E-41BD-B589-D5690B275AE0.jpeg

7DA40C3B-F228-45E4-807C-C10B2B56222F.jpeg

4A3297A1-15CF-4AB8-A303-00F7499E1EC4.jpeg

72C8F317-0F04-4E08-BF31-457B95CF23B2.jpeg

Does resemble septoria, but your spray would resolve that quite quickly and easily
Could be a K def in a gro bag, but it looks more like bug damage? Thrips?
Either way, the plants are strong and should survive - the top pic just appears to have reverted to a sativa phenotype

Are you giving them enough calcium? Those brown spots could be indicative of a deficiency there.
I have started doing so more this week. I’ve been using a product called beanstalk control release fertilizer and it slayed in a vegetative stage and I was trying to get the flowers stage product that was so hard to get. I went on eBay and got dicked twice by people and finally got it. I think probably my original dosage had run out. It’s designed to last 90 days, but I knew it was the last that long but I think things went too long in between that nute running out and my new nutes getting here and going in

Calcium jumped to mind with the first photo. Looked at the other photos and still thought calcium and possible deficiencies. Your list of fertilizers being used includes Cal-Mag so maybe your plants are not getting enough or often enough.

Septoria is almost always black spots or black colored leaf damage and your plants have shades of brown instead. Plus Septoria would have wiped out your tomatoes by now. The photos that have a tomato plant that is growing in the ground still look reasonably healthy with the signs of calcium shortages showing up. Might as well put calcium on the potted "pot" plant's soil and around the tomatoes.

Sometimes what the photos show would look like a bit of insect damage but not enough to think or worry about.

It might help if you mention the soil mix or grow medium you are using. Plus, how large are the cloth pots?

One other thing came to mind. Have you compared the damage caused by copper fungicide to what you are seeing on your leaves. Do a google search using:
copper fungicide damage on leaves
and click on images to see examples.

Can you see anything that you can identify, is there hope? They seem to still be growing.
They recently went into flowering and should make it through to harvest. Work on slowing down the damage we are seeing and you should be good to go.

Just started with this fungicide. It really seemed to help and applied with a manual super fine mist applicator. Worked me, but put the brakes on it. I started with Mother Earth terra craft and mixed in perlite and compost. I use this nute, and once a week mother earth bloom.

7E366716-B933-4D5C-9B4D-DEE4116D297E.jpeg

3316136D-947A-4F19-B7F1-ADC481962BF5.jpeg

27D96315-3BB4-4CC8-B7FF-D2AE2D616540.png

510E10F7-DD64-4BF5-AD96-E2170CDB632F.png

6BDB93B3-353E-4B9E-97E0-1626A8DDD711.png

Definitely leaf septoria most likely the source of the infection is the water or surrounding soil and environment so treatment will not be very successful if that is the case and you keep infecting the plant. Then you just need to deal with it.:goodluck:
How come the other plants do not have the problem? Does the disease get into the pots of soil he is growing his plants in without affecting the tomatoes, one of the most common plants to get Septoria. None of his other vegetables are showing any serious problem. Plus, the appearance of the spots on his plants do not match the usual way Septoria looks based on the photos found on web pages discussing that disease.

The appearance of the damage on the leaves of his Cannabis plants is very similar to what a Calcium deficiency would look like. Neither the Absolute Flower nor the LiquiCraft fertilizers have Calcium showing on their list of ingredients.

I agree, the 2 worst are same strain, green gelato. It has to be cal and I have started treating as such. Thanks!
Just a thought on the good and bad of a wet or dry Calcium product. If it is a liquid or with some dry products they can easily be mixed with water and applied at the same time as a watering session. But if there is a heavy steady rain the soil in the pots might be saturated so maybe the grower is going to hold off on adding more water until the soil starts to dry.

I decided that for my growing the dry Cal-Mag products that can be mixed with water or can be top-dressed would work. I now just do the top-dressing method and only mix with water for special cases. When top-dressing the Calcium product lays on top of the soil and will dissolve every time the grower waters or it rains. No need to cancel a dose after a heavy rain, the wet Calcium is mixing in on its own. If the soil starts to dry then water as usual--no need to remember to add Calcium since it is already there waiting.

The leaves will not repair themselves. The damage is there. If all goes right further damage will slow down and stop. The next outdoor season or next indoor grow start adding the Cal-Mag product of your choice early on.

Worm castings are a good source of calcium for an organic grow.
Yes, planning ahead mix in some worm castings while preparing the soil for the upcoming grow session.

I have noticed that some growers will top dress with the castings early on. Not sure that adding the castings on top now will do enough for the current grow which is already flowering.

Yes, planning ahead mix in some worm castings while preparing the soil for the upcoming grow session.

I have noticed that some growers will top dress with the castings early on. Not sure that adding the castings on top now will do enough for the current grow which is already flowering.
I see them as time release and add a small amount as a topdress weekly.

So here is a question, what about heat stress. We have been in the 90’s almost every day the past 5-6 weeks and especially the last 4. Heat index in the 100’s along with the cal and septoria issue​

So here is a question, what about heat stress. We have been in the 90’s almost every day the past 5-6 weeks and especially the last 4. Heat index in the 100’s along with the cal and septoria issue​

Available Calcium that the plant can take up is considered one of the important elements that helps plant handle high heat and heat stress.

Yesterday pics
For the most part the plants are looking good, espeicially considering that the temperatures have been that high for a few weeks.

The plants can handle those temps though certainly prefer it a bit lower. Just be sure the roots are happy and they will get the plant through it. Now that they're in flower, give them all the water they want and don't let them dry out.

Back
Top Bottom