Grow noob need Help!

hovo

Hey peeps. This is my first time growing and I have 10 kush clones, 6 sour og, 2 og, and 2 just labeled PK. I kinda got these as a surprise and didn't have any growing equipment, but i did have the space. So i went out got some mylar and cover the walls up to 5ft. I have a 600 w metal halide for lighting. I first put the plants in miracle gro pot mix in 10" pots with holes in bottom and watered them because some of the plants leaves were saggin. 2 days later, when i found out miracle grow is bad for cannabis i went out and bought Fox Farm ocean forest and 12 " pots, about 3 gallon. I filled the bottom 2" of the pot with pond rocks for drainage. I also bought perlite and vermeculite and made a 60% soil,20% vermeculite and 20% perlite mix ratio.i also got Grow Big 6-4-4, worm casting, bat guano, and ph up n down. I set up the pots and mixed the 2 tablespoons of guano for each pot and mixed again. Then i transferred all the plants and gave em a little less then i put like 3 1/8 teaspoons of nutz in a 2.5 gallon water jug and mixed. Then i fed the 2.5 gallon of solution to all the plants trying to give each of them an equal amount. Next day some of the plants were saggin, its been 4 days since the last time i gave them just water, 3 days after i gave them water with nutz, and next day i saw the leaves saggin, so I watered the plants so water would drain from the bottom and put them back in grow room. My room tem is between 65-73, humidity at 20-24%. I have 2 fans i bought at a local hardware store, one to blow air in and one to blow air out. I made holes in the door,its the only way i can do it, and have a fan blowing in and one inside blowing out. Airflow seems ok. The tips of my leaves are brown and curled up, i think it might be nutz burn but i'm not quite sure, I didn a nutz test and i have a suprlus of n and k, but depleted p, so i think i did a bad thing by adding the nutz. Is it nutz burn and what can i do to help the plant, is flushing my only option and how much should i flush. I heard 1 gallon for each gallon of pot, but that sounds like too much, any advice would be appreciated. I'll try get some pics up ASAP. I dont' think they are too far gone and i will do anything to save them, but i do work full time so i can only work with my plants when i'm off.

Well, they've been messed with a lot in the last couple of weeks. Probably suffering from some shock due to the transplants. Possibly a touch of overwatering (not enough roots to fill the pots yet anyway) and definately too much nutes.

Fox farms is pretty rich soil and can burn clones & seedlings on it's own much less adding any more to them. I'd say give them a good flush with PH 6.3 water till the drainage comes out clear, put them back under the light and leave them alone for a few days to recover. If you have any Superthrive available, give them a little foliar spray with a few drops in a liter of water. It will help them perk up a little faster.

Peace
MC

is miricale grow really bad for cannibus?

ahh. im glad my baby girls seem to like it enouf

Akornpatch said:
^No, but it's not organic.
I don't understand this comment. I don't want to come off as an ass here but I don't know any other way to say this...
What does whether it's organic or not got to do with how well it grows plants or whether it's bad for plants? Organic is nothing more than a persons choice on what nutrition to use to grow. It's not automatically better than other methods of nutrition by any means nor is it automatically worse.
As a matter of fact..it's pure hype IMO. Plenty of Dank is grown using chemical ferts by 1,000's to 1,000,000's of gardners every day. Same with organic ferts.
I say...use what you like and have on hand. As long as your happy with the results is what truly matters.

okay thanks dude

Racefan said:
I don't understand this comment. I don't want to come off as an ass here but I don't know any other way to say this...
What does whether it's organic or not got to do with how well it grows plants or whether it's bad for plants? Organic is nothing more than a persons choice on what nutrition to use to grow. It's not automatically better than other methods of nutrition by any means nor is it automatically worse.
As a matter of fact..it's pure hype IMO. Plenty of Dank is grown using chemical ferts by 1,000's to 1,000,000's of gardners every day. Same with organic ferts.
I say...use what you like and have on hand. As long as your happy with the results is what truly matters.
I agree...it's a personal thing...like do you take a bath or a shower. Either way you'll get clean. If you like Miracle Grow, and have confidence in it, then use it. FYI...I've had some damn nice crops with Miracle grow over the years. But since I had a couple cancer surgeries and radiation about 5 years ago, I tend to lean away from anything that's not "from nature".

thats intense. have you ever used plain water hydro?

Akornpatch said:
I agree...it's a personal thing...like do you take a bath or a shower. Either way you'll get clean. If you like Miracle Grow, and have confidence in it, then use it. FYI...I've had some damn nice crops with Miracle grow over the years. But since I had a couple cancer surgeries and radiation about 5 years ago, I tend to lean away from anything that's not "from nature".
Sorry you have had all of the cancers and such. I've been there and understand 100% about being careful. lol I too have had ratiation therapy (it caused 4 arteries to collapse 10 years later) and understand watching what you put into your body but I don't think they have linked miracle grow to cancer yet. Although I don't know it all and have been wrong before.

Here is a arguement a friend gave me when I argued organic is better. I can't argue against his logic because it makes sense to me. How true his statements are is unknown to me because I did no research to dispel or collaberate him in any way. I assumed what he was saying was true.

Chem nutes are processed. That means they are "cleaned up". In my opinion that means you my gain a bigger chance of being poisoned/getting cancer from organic nutes than processed nutes. The bugs ate the DDT covered leaf which was eaten by the bat and then the shit was collected from this bat and used to grow cannabis. How is that healthier than chem nutrients? The only living thing that organic growing matters to are the growers themselves. Plants don't know where the nitrogen or other elelments came from. Only that they got what they needed to survive.

Anyone have a arguement for this one. I tried and failed.

hovo, where are your pretty girls?

Back
Top Bottom