Grow Room ventilation help!

MedicalGrower

I am going to finally start my first grow. I will be growing for me and the patients I am a caregiver for.
The room is 16'X18'.

I just got done taking out all the carpet, padding, and tack strips.

I was wondering how I should go about ventilating the room?

I am also looking into getting a portable AC unit because it is about 100 degrees out everyday.

With that kinda heat I'd recommend a basement grow (cooler ambient temp), if one's not available. Exhaust thru the attic. Next I'd say exhaust thru a chimeny. Window should be a last resort because of sound made by fan (especially at night). If sound is not a concern then go for it, just make sure u have an activated charcoal/carbon filter/scrubber to get rid of odor (a new one or one ur confident has life left in it for a couple months). N E more questions just ask. Hope that helps. AC in that heat is a must. Ideally, u want to keep grow room temps below 85F (at least this is how I was taught) indoors. Intake is another factor u should consider when thinking ventilation. Hope this helps some.

There is a closet in the room that as a hole cut out into the attic. I guess it would be better to have the exhaust go that way instead of out the window in the room?

Should I have the intake sucking air from another part of the house or from the outside?
Shouldnt I filter the air that is coming into the room with something?

Gosh, I wish I knew an expert that could help me set it all up. :(

(your actually not too far from me.) :peace:

I had to go thru my emails to find this post again. Sorry I took so long to respond.

to answer some questions

Yes, I think its best to exhaust to the attic. Less chance of discovery (but keep the window covered to prevent light leaks). Use an activated charcoal carbon filter/scrubber or an odor sock to filter smelly air. An ozone generator may also be an option (i have no experience. dunno their impact on the environment).

Next, intake. Ideally u want fresh air from outside. U can use a room with an open window as well. If drawing air in from outside something with a HEPA filter is recommended. My poor ballin on a budget method is to get a cheap ner pair of leggings, stretch them over the intake opening to catch pests and some rogue pollen and prevent entry to ur room. Good luck and keep the questions comin.

If you haven't looked at my grow journal in the signature check it out. I have pics posted of ducting and exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom