Grow tent help

Mrmetfan

I have a small 2x4 tent so I think I want to leave my filter on the outside of tent to have more room.I have a cool tube hood. Is it possible to cool and scrub with 1 fan? Its a strong fan. I'm a new bee and I never did this before. If someone could explain to me how to do this in simple terms. I'm a dummy Lol. Would I just duct from 1side of light ; out of the tent to fan that's pushing through the filter? And I would leave a vent open on bottom. Is this theory right? Anyone have pics to hell me if I'm wrong. Thanks guys

I have a question the filter you are using or plan to use was it made to have it suck through or blow through or it doesn't matter?
most filters ive seen was made to suck though not blow out through
you need airflow going into the light to cool it from the outside of the tent after that you want it to exit you don't want that hot air in the tent
youd need 2 fans to do it efficiently unless your in a cold place and need the heat

Hydro store guy said to do this because I have a small tent. Claims the light using perfectly airtight and it will work fine. To me it doesn't make sense. What do u guys think?
20140123_051534.jpg

View image in gallery

A will work only to cool your hood. B requires 2 fans. If you do it like the Hydro store said except put the fan inside the tent. Now you will be cooling your hood and venting/scrubbing your tent air. Just make sure some of your tents lower vents are open. The last choice that I see is to put the fan outside connected to the filter. Then you will pull air through the hood and out through the filter. Some say that will hurt the fan because of the heat. But the heat from mine is cooler than my hand so I don't think it will hurt any.

Mine is a little different. I have a 4x8. 2 600watt hps. I have my fan outside the tent on the upstream side. It blows through my hoods and out into the room. I get some extra heat in the room out of it. I have a duct boosting fan attached to a port venting the tent. Kind of like your B but without a filter. I'm not concerned with the odor at this point. To use a filter you will need another 4" fan. You have a small tent so will not have the yield to support all of the power it will take to run everything, imo. Use the KISS method. Keep it simple. I won't tell you what to do but my last suggestion would work. Just make sure to figure a way to block light from getting in through your vents before flower. Good luck!

2x4 8 ft tall. Why would the guy tell me one fan with the filter on outside is all I need. I haeve a hood glass cool tube dEAL. Its a nice fan I laid 125 for it a d its 3 sleeds. I'm driving a truck now
I'll vet. Back to u in a couple hours. Sorry for the spelling
Hard to type n drive

I think you just have the fan on the wrong side in your drawing. Have it pull the air out from the right and put the filter after that. It will get it's air from the opposite end of the cool tube. I am actually going to change mine to that configuration, probably today. Minus the filter for now. Make sure you have enough ventilation coming in from the left, on the bottom. It will help scour out your tent.

the first way look ok so does the second except the fan should be on the front side of the light
let it blow to the light heat over time may affect the fan

OK I remember exactly now what he told me to do. He told me the a setup. But to have the fan on top of the filter blowing into it of course to draw the air in from the other side of tent. So I asked him ' how is the air getting filtered because it seems this is a closed system from the actual grow area. Be replied that the hood isint perfectly air tight and that the little leaks it has will suck in enough air to get scrubbed and keep the odor at bay. Does this make more sense? Anyone else have a setup like this?
P.s anybody know how to change your screen name? I can't figure it out

well if you cant smell the thing on the outside then what you want is achieved
I think I know what hes saying
suck in through the filter outside but in essence youd be scrubbing the whole room vs the tent
but I guess as long as what you want is achieved

I don't think either of your drawlings are right.drawling A id close but you don't need the fan ouside the grow tent you need it inside the tent to. drawing B if you add the light to the top part(just filter,fan,duct)
before filter exchanging your tents air and cooling the light with the 1 fan

Back
Top Bottom