Grow tent size to optimize yield per time spent growing?

ufo

420 Member
Hey guys,

I’m looking to set up my grow room. For various reasons I’d like to focus on growing one plant per grow room and getting as much yield out of the plant per time spent growing it.

One thing to note is I’d like to pursue an aeroponic set up which can accelerate veg time apparently so I’m curious just how much square footage I can utilize with one plant. I’m thinking of using appropriate sized LED lights at various stages of growth and flower but the maximum wattage id consider is probably 1,500 watts at flower.

Considering that, what size grow room would you recommend?

Thanks,
UFO

Several questions there.
The most efficient grow method of a photo strain would be a perpetual grow. Veg the plant. Move the plant into flower. Take 4 to 8 inch cuttings within the first 2 weeks of the flip. The cuttings are then used as clones. In 1-2 weeks your cuttings are rooted plants in veg. Then you just perpetually continue the cycle. This can cut your veg time in half compared to starting from seed. Keep in mind you can have multiple small veg plants in one tent. Then move each plant to its own tent for flower when it stretches. Veg for 1 month and flower for 2 months. Stagger the seed start by one month. You will have a rooted clone and a 1 month old plant in the veg tent. A 1 month of flower in one tent and a 2 month of flower in another tent. Harvest, then move the 1 month veg to flower tent and take veg cuttings. Repeat monthly.

Aeroponics is arguably the fastest growing method. It is a system that will require monitoring. More parts can be more points of failure in a machine. Pumps, spray tips and hoses can fail catastrophically. I lost few plants when I got busy and didn't notice a pump failed. I switched to DWC. Added a week to my grow but I can go without checking the plants for 2 weeks without any concern. Depends on how you define "time spent growing".

As for how much square footage can you utilize. That depends on your pruning style and plant genetics. I'm assuming you're basing this on 1500 series light, that actually uses 150wats. The largest area you could cover would be 4 x 4. The outer edges would be ok for veg but your overall results trying to flower won't be great. 1500 series is ideal for 3x3 flower area.

Back
Top Bottom