Growing in a shoe box

smokin on dro

I wanted to know if i can use a shoebox to grow my plant. i have my plant in a cup but i wanted to know if it would be better to put the cup in the shoebox and grow it. i already have a hole in the shoebox so i can put my (soft white) fluro bulb through.

Should i cover the inside of the shoe with aluminum foil.

P.S.-This is my first time growing!!

:ganjamon::headbanger::rollit::passitleft:

Im not sure about that either as im new here too. And im stumped on this question here.
If i were to plant the seed directly into say a 3 gallon sq ft pot from the beginning to avoid transplanting, would that be a good idea? Or is there a downfall to not transplanting? Since everyone talks about transplanting, i was wondering if that step could be skipped alltogether. Unless its a bad idea???

A shoe box is very small, way to small for a plant. And it would probably be a fire hazard.

Do some searching on this website for "stealth grows"

You will find a plethora (if that is spelled right) of different and creative ways to hide it.

Im not sure about that either as im new here too. And im stumped on this question here.
If i were to plant the seed directly into say a 3 gallon sq ft pot from the beginning to avoid transplanting, would that be a good idea? Or is there a downfall to not transplanting? Since everyone talks about transplanting, i was wondering if that step could be skipped alltogether. Unless its a bad idea???

It would actually be a good idea because you dont have to mess with it i beliece so i say just use the big pot.

I just started using the shoebox with aluminum foil in it also im using 4 soft white fluro all together equaling 120 watts....!!!

The shoe box idea isn't going to work at all bro.

1. WAY too small. Even the smallest strains of MJ can grow to 12in. (not including width)
2. It is a fire hazard like rabbit said, thin cardboard can overheat and char easily even with CFL's
3. very few ways of ventilating such a small space like a show box.

The smallest grow boxes I've seen (and am currently growing in) are PC cases, most of the time bigger than your average desktop as well. Roughly 21" x 18" x 8" is the absolute minimum to do a full grow. Of coarse you can start in a smaller space to get seedlings going but stretching in flowering takes up more space than most new growers realize.

My advice is scan google for small grow boxes and even check out the subforum on here about it as well.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom