Growing Males

grow out a male for the pollen yes i tried to answer that in your other thread
males don't make seeds they make pollen you use to pollinate the buds on a female plant to get seeds :thumb:

I've done it with F1 hybrids which in turn produce F2 seeds which MAY develop up to 75% of the parent's characteristics.

so what's the question?

Oh, I thought with a male you just get seeds. So now knowing that if I do have a male plant do I just cut off the pods and save them for when I do get a female and use the pollen to get more seeds. Is this how you cross breed the plants to get new stuff. And what are the benefits of growing a male besides the pollen, will it still be covered in trichromes that I can get off of it?

You don't want to keep any males around unless you plan to breed, but aparently you have'nt the knowledge to do so....

Oh, I thought with a male you just get seeds. So now knowing that if I do have a male plant do I just cut off the pods and save them for when I do get a female and use the pollen to get more seeds. Is this how you cross breed the plants to get new stuff. And what are the benefits of growing a male besides the pollen, will it still be covered in trichromes that I can get off of it?

I can't think of a better thread going on right now about pollinating....amazing what you find with a little poking around and reading.

Good luck in your ventures.

Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

when the flowers all start to open up make sure theres no fans no female plants around while the male is flowering or take it to a totally separate space cause as much as you think the pollen might not be going where you think it is
it probably is it can travel far
make sure you got something like a mirror or some kinda glass type thing with a smooth surface
if you accidentally bump the plant youll see what I mean pollen on the leaves and all over but basically shake the pollen onto something smooth and solid so you can scrape it off
might be good to let it air out a bit before you close your container you plan to keep it in
store in a cool dry dark place :thumb:

edit

you can carefully cut the flowered branches off and shake them over the mirror / glass
any slight movement will cause pollen to fall lol

Back
Top Bottom