Growing the way nature intended (organics made cheap & easy)

Queefrmadness

Watching your plants explode with growth organically is a beautiful thing. Most (even a lot of hydro guys) will agree organic erb tastes better, but once your dialed in your yield will at least as good as well. Growing organically is all about making your soil happy. The secret to making your soil happy is quality earthworm castings and or compost.

So how do you make cheap and easy living organic soil?
Simple!!!!

This is what you need. These items are all easily available . Here is a basic mix that will rock!
1 cubic foot of sphagnum peat moss

Perlite (about 40-50% of total mix)

QUALITY earthworm castings, these can be found online or local garden centers or locally through craigslist, two good ones are coast of Maine and worm power. About 30% of total mix.

Espoma tomato tone, plant tone or bio tone. 2 cups.

Glacial rock dust or azomite, 3 cups, easily found online.

1-2 cups gypsum or dolomite lime

Moisten, mix and let sit room temperature for about a month to cook, this gives time for beneficial microbes to take over.

This is water only, however you could add organic fish hydrosolate( Neptune's harvest is my favorite), some unsulphered molasses, organic aloe juice, and top dress with earthworm castings for the occasional boost.

Your soil can be reused grow after grow, and actually gets better!

Next I will post a little more advanced organic recipie, with built in insect control......stay tuned!!

Hi Queefrmadness.

Welcome to 420 Magazine. :welcome:

Thanks for the welcome TanR!!

OK here's my favorite organic recipe, inspired by a few organic geniuses.

Exactly the same as above, only a little different.

Instead of the espoma "tones" add the following:
1 cup neem cake or meal.
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup fish bone meal
1 cup crab shell meal

This is an amazing mix! It stinks at first, the smell dissipates after a few days....

I will elaborate more on the different amendments when I have time.

organic soil likes big pots better, its all about making the soil happy, which will make your plants happy, which will make you happy!!!

Back
Top Bottom