Hairs not lying down

zxcvbnm

If you were to harvest too early, would that be a reason for hairs to not lay down against the bud?? I have also heard that if your light is too close to the plant(not close enough to burn) that the hairs will grow more, as well as, not shrivel up and lay against the bud during drying?

i think it all depends on how you dry/cure the buds.

What I have done lately and like the results is: cut and hangdry as usual for about 5 days or so depending on RH and temp. Then clip the buds from the stems to fill 1 gallon jars about halfway. I keep covered overnight and the moisture creeps back into the buds from the stems. Then I lay the jars on their side uncovered. the weight of the buds on each other tend to lightly compress the buds naturally. I then rotate 1/4 turn every 4 hours or so. I do this for a couple of days. This allows a rotation of buds from top to bottom of pile and get even air and compression. It also slows down the drying process since the air does not fully circulate around them so be careful as to not allow rot or mold to get you. Then when the buds are nice and tight i lay out on a table for about 8 hours or until dry enough then pack away into jars for the long term cure burping the jars every day.

Back
Top Bottom