Harlequin

Auggie

I am going to SCROG three 4 x 8 tables of Harequin as soon as the cloning season is over. I haven't done a full grow in a long time, and it is my New Years resolution to do a crop - and I wanna do a high CBD, and I have a couple of very nice looking mothers who pretest at a 2.5 to 1 ratio.

But, they are different. They look different, they clone different, and they have different nutritional needs. And I have no experience with the CBD strains.

So, here's my question(s):
  • Has anyone grown this girl before? (inside or outside)
  • Think she'd do ok in a SCROG?
  • Is there any thing I should know about it going in?

~ Auggie ~

:Namaste:

Post pics! !!

I will.

I have noticed that the branches are very brittle. They break away from the main stalk very, very easily. I think I might be using a lot of tape when it comes time to SCROG.

As soon as I get thru clone season I will give it a try.

~ Auggie ~

I think the high CBD strains are still incredibly variable like that. I'm starting two different high CBD strains, and have at least 4 visible phenotypes from just 7 seeds.

I'm just documenting the hell out of these in my lab book and am going to have to wait until analytical testing to determine if I have anything I want to clone out from these.

One thing I am doing is keeping my nutrient plan super simple since I'm in a testing phase with these strains. This is not yet the time to go for maximum yield. All I care about is THC:CBD ratio and a guess at what the upper limit for potency might be for the future. I can optimize that shit with the next generation of clones from any good mothers.

As a former quality control chemist in the Pharmaceutical industry, I absolutely love that we can test our stuff. But do you have any good ideas for more inexpensive testing? I can add my stuff to a local dispensary's weekly testing for about $55/test with Analytical360.com

Guess we're both in Washington. Huh? Am new to the area, so helpful information on growing CBD would be much appreciated. But only want to start from seeds in a new Virgin room.

Yes there's a cheaper one in lake Stevens I believe not sure of there name like 40 per test. Yes im in northern Washington. I also have a strain test result thread as well as a few journals if you need more info.

You know ... you can pretest the clones ...

A pretest will tell you the ratio only. Example: I recently tested the Harlequin at a 2.5 to 1 ratio of CBD to THC. That ratio will remain throughout it's life. That one I turned into a mother. The one I tested at .5 to 1 - well, she didn't survive.

I use a lab by the name of Green Style Analytics in Northern California. They charge me $40.

~ Auggie ~

I think the high CBD strains are still incredibly variable like that. I'm starting two different high CBD strains, and have at least 4 visible phenotypes from just 7 seeds.

I'm just documenting the hell out of these in my lab book and am going to have to wait until analytical testing to determine if I have anything I want to clone out from these.

One thing I am doing is keeping my nutrient plan super simple since I'm in a testing phase with these strains. This is not yet the time to go for maximum yield. All I care about is THC:CBD ratio and a guess at what the upper limit for potency might be for the future. I can optimize that shit with the next generation of clones from any good mothers.

Yea, that's kind of what I am doing, but much less scientific. I have a mother of a Harlequin who tests at 2.5 to 1 and I will be filling a room with her offspring after clone season. I am not (at this time) finding much of a demand for high CBD clones, so I wonder what the demand for her flowers will be. I am quite overstocked on Harlequin clones right now - but it's early in the season.

Have you grown high CBD indoors before?
Think they'd do ok in a SCROG or should I go SOG?

~ Auggie ~

No. This is my first CBD grow. I hadn't considered pretesting as early as you let me know I could. That's good to know for the future. But with only 7 seedlings and only three of them guaranteed CBD, I'll just take any females all the way and see what they do.

I am going to simply chop the main stem at 5 sets of true leaves and encourage the side stems to grow evenly. So not a really strict SCROG or anything like that.

Pretesting can be done when the clone is as small as five inches. Just take a couple of leaves and let them dry. The pretest only gives you a ratio - the final count is known only when flowered, and depends somewhat on the skills of the farmer, but the ratio will always be the same. And, that is true of any cuttings you take off of her. Once you have a ratio that you like, all of her babies will be the same.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom