Harvesting in stages, too much stress or worth it?

hydromaniac

So I've decided to go with a 2 part harvest for my first grow, but i wanted to hear some theories and experiences doing this.. it seems like a good idea, but at the same time, i took the whole top half of the plant off, that must be a tremendous amount of stress on the plant, will the plant still try to finish the rest of flowers? or will it be shocked and go into hermie or halt growth?

tell me what you think. :smokin:

sounds plausible.. but then, there is all this controversy about cutting leaves off can do so much stress, and i cut a bunch of main stems off these plants it seems like they would be in critical condition and in need of an ambulance.. seems questionable if they would get over it in a couple days. but i am mostly interested in seeing how it has worked for everyone, was there improvement if so how much? has anyone experienced negative effects?

I just did a 2 part harvest on a first time scrog that that went crazy and grew over 3 ft high. There was a bunch of lower buds that were not getting proper light so I cut the tops at 1 ft, lowered the light and let them go for 2 more weeks. They fattened and got nice and sticky, no ill effect at all. I would do it again. I would have tossed a lot of those small nugs if I would have taken them when I cut the tops.

Back
Top Bottom