Having some sort of deficiency - White leaves - Spotting?

amsterbam

I started having this problem around a week ago, I've been trying to get help. I don't want my little plant to die :(. The leaves have been getting spotty and browning - turning white. I'm not sure if I'm under or over feeding her. When she was about 3 weeks old I went up to 300ppm from 150ppm, and she didn't like it! I started getting downward pointing leaves (N toxicity?) and some nutrient burn, I put plain water in the res for a day and I've had the ppm around 150 to 200 ppm using the below nutrients.

DWC
lighting: old mars hydro 135watt LED (300watt equivalent)
RO water to start.
PPM: 200
General hydroponics flora bloom 3 part M G B 1/4 tsp per gallon each. I also use 1/2 tsp molasses per gallon every other res change.
PH: 5.7-6.0
RH: 30-60% I spray the room with water every couple hours to keep humidity average around 50%.
Room Temp:70-80F
Water Temp: 68F to 74F I've been trying to keep it at 64-70F using cold water in an outer bucket.

This is when I was using two 2ft florescent bulbs. I just switched to led less than 24 hours ago. these pics are at least a few days old.

Here is what the plant looks like today. I took most of the pictures in normal light, a couple under the led. The plant has white spots all over, the really bad leaf is white and brown curled up.

Can someone please help me?
:thanks:

Well it might be spider mites. Get a strong magnifying glass, strong as you can get and look on the under side of the leaves. The mites will be little white dots that will move when you blow on the leaf a little bit, or they just might move when you are looking at them, If you see little black dots it's the poopey from the mites. I'm not sure how to get to this, still kinda new to the site. But if you post to 420 and ask someone how to get to a post named " Guide to identifying your pest " It's a good guide and should tell you if it is a pest problem and what kind. Keep us posted on what you find. Good Luck

If you just switched to LED a day ago and you spray several times a day under these lights, you probably are getting the white blemish because the water bead is magnifying the light and it's like a little scorched spot. Only way to properly spray would be without lights and use a lot of air from fans to dry the plant's leaves before turning lights back on. But that's just my guess.

Well it might be spider mites. Get a strong magnifying glass, strong as you can get and look on the under side of the leaves. The mites will be little white dots that will move when you blow on the leaf a little bit, or they just might move when you are looking at them, If you see little black dots it's the poopey from the mites. I'm not sure how to get to this, still kinda new to the site. But if you post to 420 and ask someone how to get to a post named " Guide to identifying your pest " It's a good guide and should tell you if it is a pest problem and what kind. Keep us posted on what you find. Good Luck
Thanks for your post, I checked thank god this isn't spider mites! I'll try to find that guide!

If you just switched to LED a day ago and you spray several times a day under these lights, you probably are getting the white blemish because the water bead is magnifying the light and it's like a little scorched spot. Only way to properly spray would be without lights and use a lot of air from fans to dry the plant's leaves before turning lights back on. But that's just my guess.
The leaf is brownish white on the edges and curling up, it's all over that leaf in the back. This leaf makes me think it's not from spraying water but I'm not 100%. :(
I was spraying several times under florescent lights for weeks and these white spots didn't show up until a week ago the plant is 40 days old. I will stop spraying the plant. I'm also starting to notice some white stuff forming on my hydroton I'll post pics when I get a chance. Jeez I was hoping this would be something easy like add more molasses oh well!

Does my ppm seem ok? it's been at the same ppm 2 days now. It's a small 40 day old plant?.

Thanks a ton for the posts guys! :thanks:

Ok upon further reading I think it's Potassium (K) Toxicity, or Magnesium (Mg) deficiency how do I figure out which one?

I searched the net for "molasses instead of cal-mag" I grabbed this quote off the net
" Molasses does not feed the plants, it feeds the microherd in the soil, which feed your plant. If you are using chem ferts, there is no need for molasses. "
It seems most people are saying molasses comes up short? Is general organics flora bloom 3 part, and molasses not enough to sustain this plant until harvest?

I've been basically reading this whole time and i think i found my problem, pH Fluctuation.

Image I found on the net showing ph fluctuation.

My plant

I do let the ph swing around naturally during the week, i keep the range between 5.7 to 6.3. I check the ph once daily but I'm going to start checking multiple times just to see what might be going on. I thought it was good to let your Ph fluctuate as long as it's in the acceptable range, that way the plant can get all it's nutrients? Could this be PH Fluctuation? it sure in the heck looks like it! it sure looks like a lot of things. What can I do to start narrowing things down?

I think I am having the same problem could so,done take a look please. Watered last night with tap water+calimagic+ GH rapid start occasionally. Just got home and took a look and this is what has happened OVERNIGHT!!!!!! Btw. For nutrients I am using the GH flora series 3 part adding calimagic and rapid start during veg and liquid kook bloom and blackstrap molasses during flower
image335741.jpg
image33583.jpg
image33580.jpg
image33585.jpg
image33574.jpg
image33584.jpg
image33581.jpg
image33571.jpg

Back
Top Bottom