Hello friends. New member from Maine.

dmilkman207

I discovered this forum about 6 months ago when researching growing cannabis. I am impressed with this forum and the knowledge shared here. I decided to un-lurk, so here I am. My experience with cannabis started about 25 years ago, I have always enjoyed smoking it, but I never considered growing it until about 6 months ago. I am an avid gardener, I love growing plants of all kinds so its a natural now that is semi-legal here. Hopefully soon it will be completely legal. It seems ridiculous the government can say which plants I can grow on my property. I think what plants can grow or not is decided by a much higher power than the U.S. government. So I am beginning the journey. My first harvest is about a week away. I am lucky to have great neighbors and one has been a mentor. He saved me from an infestation of Spider mites and given many tips on lighting, nutes, cloning etc. I started with an 600w Metal Halide/HPS I did not like the electric usage or heat. I now have a Fluorescent bloom light that is working well. I want an led just trying to figure the best one. I read the thread from Smoke Sara (Mars Hydro) I am leaning that way, it seems they stand behind their products, nice price and cannot find anything negative about the product. I was going to post a pic of my crop but have to figure out how to upload them. I will, the idea of a grow journal interests me I learned a lot from reading them. Thanks All, Take Care.:byebye:

Hey there! :)

First up here's a link to show you how to upload, resize, etc., pictures on this site:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I'm so glad that you've been able to grow, especially with the help of a knowledgeable neighbor. What outstanding luck, and I'm really excited to see what your herb looks like. :yummy:

It is absolutely ridiculous what prohibition laws have done, and it's nice to see some of that finally being undone across the country [at least to some extent]. With enough shared knowledge and awareness, "the war against some plant" can finally be a long-forgotten embarrassment of the past. ;)

:welcome: :high-five: :green_heart:

:welcome: dmilkman207! We're glad you decided to "un-lurk":) and join us! You've already made yourself familiar with the forum so I'll just say good luck, looking forward to seeing your pics, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask! :) :peace:

Thanks to both of you. I read the instruction on how to upload pics. Lets see if I have it figured out. This is what I have vegging now. Amnesia Haze, Green Love Potion, Acapulco Gold, OO Kush (Left corner) (its a happy looking plant with huge leaves) And one I just can't wait to try Skywalker OG Kush. Notice my Cider brewing in jug left corner. Its putting out CO2 and due to the extra sugar added should pack a nice kick. I think it will pair well with high quality smoke I hope to harvest. I bought the Apple Juice at Walmart for 4.50$ (no preservatives 100 juice so the yeast I added .45 at brew store will live and ferment. The best part no Federal Taxes paid, its legal as long as I do not sell it or give it minor. So in a couple months I plan on kicking back and enjoying my Moonshine Hard Cider and Homegrown herb. That I made here on my property with no taxman or drug cartel involved. Maybe there is hope for this country yet.
vegging5.jpg
vegging5.jpg

Hi dmilkman and welcome to the 420 community. Great pics of your garden and your plants look fantastik! Super kewl setup w/ the homebrew-CO2-Cannabis symbisos! And how cool is that to have a neighbor that's cool! Too bad all neighbors weren't cool! Congratulations on Maine's progression w/ sensible cannabis laws. I know how you feel being in AK where we just voted yes to complete legalization! Yay! Best wishes with your grows! Cheers

:welcome:

Hello there my northern friend. I am not up on my State abbreviations I was thinking Arkansas legalized? I did not hear about that. After further research, yes Alaska, I did hear about that. I think its funny the legalization trend is coming from the Northland. It makes sense in places that have long winters and the people tend to spend a lot of time in the cabin huddled around the wood stove or whatever else you burn to stay warm. That activity is perfect for passing around plump joints of high quality cannabis. Its been known to keep many a bone stone cold winter's evening warm for me. And you know as well as me winter is coming and maybe for you already here. Take care.

dmilkman207, I'm sitting here as I type this looking out at the snow! BLAH.... winter seems to last so much longer these days. Well, gettin' old's not for sissies! At least this winter I'll have a nice warm grow room to sit in and look at my plants! Looking forward to that grow journal! :) Take care....Stay warm. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom