Hello from FL, new grower

PlayLoud

Hello all,

This is my first post on the forums and I'm new to growing. After finally having had enough with paying for premium bud, I took the plunge and got up all the supplies I needed and began reading a lot of info on growing. I've watched the entire Jorge Cervantes video series as well as many informative videos online.

Short history: Ever since I tried Grape Ape about a year ago, I knew I had to start growing. It was unlike anything I had ever tried. It turned my head to pure glass. And to blow me away like that is saying something because I can get my hands on some pretty good bud. But Grape Ape was just mind blowing. I got pretty down in the dumps when I found out that Apothecary doesn't sell the seeds, so I'll most likely never get a chance to grow it. But, I guess that makes it even more special. I don't have access to any clones or what not of Ape, so I'm just going to stick with what I can buy in seeds and remember Grape Ape for how nice it was.

I ordered some AK-48 fem'd seeds (which I know I should start with bag seed, but read on) because my grow spaces is extremely limited. I essentially have a PC tower, so it'd be a micro grow only for myself and maybe a little shared bud here & there with friends. But this project is for me and me only. I bought fem'd seeds because with my limited space, I need to have females every time until I build myself a clone PC box. (which I already have the supplies for). The PC case I'm using right now is a nice setup. I did buy it from someone familiar with building, so the ventilation is designed well and the setup is solid. I've seen some pretty damn impressive yields come out of these PC cases with autoflowering low ryder strains in such a small space.

After researching the nutes, setup and visiting my local hydro store, I began my journey. The seeds germ'd fine in rockwool cubes but ultimately, I suppose it was my fault for not staying on top of it as closely as I should have and just general lack of experience. But honestly I expected some failures. So this weekend, I'm germing some more seeds that were given to me with my last order for free. I have zero idea what these seeds are, but they're from a very reputable breeder so this is going to be a learning experience for me. My goal is by the end of 2010 to be completely free of buying my bud. I'd love to have some bud ready by early summer but I'm not holding up any hopes.

I plan on posting a daily grow log when I start once again. My biggest issues thus far have been heat in the case (maybe it's not an issue - it fluctuates between 76 to 79 degrees F). The case is set up with the air flow to where it should only run about 5 to 6 degrees F higher than room temperature and so far, that seems to be pretty accurate. My pH was running about 5.9 to 6.0, but I really need to get a digital pH meter. I was just using a General Hydroponics pH control test kit.

My hydro setup is as follows:

22" high Tower case, 4 fans (two low on front of tower - two high on back of tower). Magnetic mesh screen for SCROG growing, DWC Hydro tub with air stone, (2) 1-1/2" dia. net pots. (4) 26W 6500K CFL's for vegging, (4) 26W 2700K CFL's for flowering. I'm using TechnaFlora "Recipe for Success" kit that I got at a freakin' steal from my local hydro store. For a setup this small, this will last me a long time.

So right now I'm ready to go again but this time I'm not doing it alone. I have to get some help from the good folks on here.

I'll start a grow journal when the seeds germ and I transplant them into the mesh pots and start up the hydro setup.

Anyway, it's good to be here. I read a lot of forums prior but these forums seemed much more friendly and a wealth of knowledge.

Wishing you all the best ;)

Hey CocoJoe,

Thanks for the welcome. I just read through Munki's SCRoG. Damn impressive. I'm in the process of cleaning up my case from the last grow making sure I have everything flushed out and clean for the next grow.

I'm going to start germing tonight or tomorrow.

For my next seed purchase, what strain would you recommend which rivals Grape Ape that is available in seed form?

Currently most my high end stuff that I can get hold of is mainly Kush. Not surprising since Kush is dominating the markets right now.

Anyhow, thanks for the welcome! Will be posting on here frequently.

I may go out tonight and find myself an electric pH meter.

Thanks again!

Strain selection is a personal prefference.
I like indica doms. Northern Lights is a favorite.
If you like sativa doms, I suggest looking at something by SubCool.
Or maybe something from Greenhouse Seeds. Super Lemon Haze
Serious Seeds is another good company to look at.
Some of our sponsors are seed venders and highly trusted to make delivery as ordered. :grinjoint:
The choice is yours. And don't be afraid to ask other members.
Look through the grow journals. :goodluck:
:peacetwo:

:ciao: Hey There PlayLoud, :welcome:
Sounds as if you have done much Research and Homework. :welldone:
Please think about startin' a Grow Journal, Wonderful way to learn and create Friendships here. :allgood:

Like CocoJoe said, Check the Great 420 Magazine - Sponsors for all your seed needs. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hope to Continue to hear from you My Friend.
You will enjoy your time here on 420.
This is the best place for all things Cannabis/Hemp. With The BEST Members (Family like!)

Let the Fun Begin. :yahoo:
See you Around. :nomo:
:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom