New Canadian Grower!

CanNewBudd

420 Member
Good day!

I am CanNewBudd, a Canadian Grower/Enthusiast. Since we're over the initial "buzz" of legalization I think it's time for me to sit down, and really put my head into the game. I have some experience with hydro systems, and minor experience with soil based out doors setups, but I need to start documenting my setup, my processes, and my failures / successes.

Thank you for being the open and inviting people you seem to be. Join me on this adventure.

CNB!

Well, I started shopping a few months before Oct. I used to do hydroponic tomatoes, and some other high yield veggies. So I was already fairly familiar with hydroponics.

So I opted for:
- Generic 4x4 tent w/ charcoal filter and fan
- 2 MARS LED lights (knock-offs)
- HG water farm setup of 4 buckets.
- 4 circular air stones
- 8 port manifold and a generic high volume air pump

I drilled holes in the top rim of the inner red bucket to use for low stress training without the use of a SCROG and to allow for ease of cleaning and changing of the nutes.

I purchased everything from my local Kijiji and hydroponics shop. It was all pieced together for inside my garage. My other hydro setup is used in a greenhouse and is pumping out tomatoes and snap peas.

I hope that helps. Biggest advice I got .. and can give.. is DO NOT buy the one stop shop kits. They generally have low quality parts, inconsistent nutrition levels, and sometimes dangerous combinations of chemicals. Having the MAX of your big 3 is NOT the right mixture.

You sound like your well on your way. I would recommend starting a journal when you get everything up and going, or anytime really, update your progress and I’ll be sure to follow along.

I know nothing about hydro, but it’s, oh so interesting!! So I’m going to tag some other well known members that may be able to help you with the hydro.

@Pennywise @InTheShed @Old Salt

Good day!

I am CanNewBudd, a Canadian Grower/Enthusiast. Since we're over the initial "buzz" of legalization I think it's time for me to sit down, and really put my head into the game. I have some experience with hydro systems, and minor experience with soil based out doors setups, but I need to start documenting my setup, my processes, and my failures / successes.

Thank you for being the open and inviting people you seem to be. Join me on this adventure.

CNB!
:welcome:winkyface:420:

Hey all first timer here lol made a few rookie mistakes but I think it's coming along...

You sound like your well on your way. I would recommend starting a journal when you get everything up and going, or anytime really, update your progress and I’ll be sure to follow along.

I know nothing about hydro, but it’s, oh so interesting!! So I’m going to tag some other well known members that may be able to help you with the hydro.

@Pennywise @InTheShed @Old Salt

Thank you! I'm reading throughout the forum literature, and "how to post" guides. I will start a journal and a running post on my build/setup and failures/successes. I know there are alot of others lurking that are in the same boat that I was not a year ago.

I'm just lucky to have had experience and befriended local growers. Looking over all my old notes, and a lot of insight has got me on what I believe is a good path.

My first 1 plant, indoor hydro grow netted me 3oz. Not bad if you ask me! And.... Its proven to be a hit. :yummy:

:welcome: to the forum...

What type of hydroponics are you using. I use drain to waste in a coco/perlite substrate.
I use GH Water Farm system buckets in a recirculating setup, and the Flora Series nutes. I PH my RO water to 6.5, and follow the GH Flora Series Recirculating Chart. I also have big air stones to oxygenate the nutrients, and raise the humidity at root level.

Back
Top Bottom